It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No of files growing? What's this black arrow mean?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Sep 07 '11, 9:41 a.m.
Hi

I have about 90k files total in four components (I split from one to four). Now I found the number of files are growing (doubled yesterday and tripled today) by itself in a loaded workspace. I need to find out what's going on.

Below is the result I compared one component between the last two entries in History, I believe, because it took so long I forgot what I did.

1. What does these black arrow mean? Are these files under version control? I think these are the file added by user which is not right. What's the best way to discard them?

2. And in your opinion, how can I find out why this files are growing?

3. Is there a quick way to find out the number of files in a component in a stream without loading it?

4. How do I know if a file IS under version control?

5. Where can I find out the meaning of all these RTC eclipse client symbols?

http://i52.tinypic.com/291nsbb.png

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Sep 07 '11, 11:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. What does these black arrow mean? Are these files under version control? I think these are the file added by user which is not right. What's the best way to discard them?
Black means the file has been modified. You may see blue arrows in Pending Changes that mean it is an incoming change. Plus signs on the arrows represent item additions. Minus signs represent deletions.

2. And in your opinion, how can I find out why this files are growing?
I'm not sure what you mean by this question. Whoever owns the change set is the one that made the changes. Ask the owner the reason behind those changes or correct them for delivering bad changes.

3. Is there a quick way to find out the number of files in a component in a stream without loading it?
The number of items selected is shown in the status bar when showing Repository Files on a component. It would include folder nodes. You could also use the command line to list the files in a component and use command line magic to only count files.

4. How do I know if a file IS under version control?
The Package Explorer decorates shared items with a yellow cylinder. You can also show Repository Files if you don't want to load the component.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.