It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Close vs open WI along the last 2 years

Shimon Lipiner Nir (132) | asked Feb 03 '23, 11:30 a.m.

Hello

I am trying to build a report in JRS which will show Close vs open WIs of type story
I found a ready-to-copy report 
Shows a table or graph of the open and closed stories for a release with links to open defects.
that shows exactly what I wish but instead of creating the report per iteration, I wish to create it per month say along the last year. In other words replace the planned for by ?????
Any ideas ?

Thanks
Shimon

Comments
David Honey commented Feb 03 '23, 11:48 a.m. | edited Feb 03 '23, 12:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is this against Data Warehouse or Lifecycle Query Engine?

I think the OOTB report you refer to is not a trend report. It is a report based on current data (rather than historical metrics).

When you say "per month", what do you mean?
What does that date dimension represent?
Creation date? Resolution datre? Something else?

Are you trying to define a report based on historical trends?

Shimon Lipiner Nir commented Feb 04 '23, 4:27 a.m.
Hi David,
You can find the report in ready to copy . and YES this is   based on current data  against Data Warehouse. I would like of course to base it if possible on LQE but any solution is welcome.
The reports I have defined such as stories along the year per each month in their Closed state were based on LQE and custom expression you helped me to define CONCAT(STR(YEAR($Story:Close Date$)),"-",STR(MONTH($Story:Close Date$)))
Here, the issue is that I need to distinguish between stories closed (which is simple ) and group of stories that are in the new, in development etc... ie  are still opened. date means the date of the status. 
Shimon

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.