It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Usage of RTC 4.0 Source control for plug-in development

Dnyanesh Markad (291825) | asked Nov 02 '12, 6:33 a.m.
 I have developed workflows for Project workflow, CR workflow and Defect workflow as per our requirement.

I want some automation between them by creating preconditions and follow up actions. 

I want to develop plug-ins using RTC 4.0 source control. How do I use it?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 02 '12, 7:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dnyanesh,
Information on how to create preconditions and follow up actions is available at  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/PreconditionFollowupCreation.  Information on the source control api is available at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_SourceControl.
Dnyanesh Markad selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dnyanesh Markad commented Nov 02 '12, 9:32 a.m.

Hello Lauren,

Thanks for help. I have referred those sites you suggested. 
1. I have created project area e.g Sample_Area 
2. I have component in it say project_comp
3. I have loaded that component into repository workspace without creating any project
4. After that I have created simple plug-in project in above component that is project_comp
5. After that I have check-in-all and deliver the contents.
6. Now the plug-in project is on repository
7. Next I have created plug-in feature project on local workspace adding above created plug-in it.
8. Next I have created the update site project in same location with above created feature project in site project.
9. Now when I try to build site I am getting an error.
Because of character constraint error is given in next comment

Dnyanesh Markad commented Nov 02 '12, 9:32 a.m.

"C:\Workspace\Workspace.metadata.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:39: The reference to entity "D_Hello_Plug-in" must end with the ';' delimiter.

The reference to entity "D_Hello_Plug-in" must end with the ';' delimiter.
"

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 02 '12, 9:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Dnyanesh,
I'm not familiar with that error.  I did a quick internet search and the first two hits suggested replacing & with &

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.