It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

workitem queries

sanfi faria (9613218) | asked Aug 22 '11, 5:46 a.m.
Hi All,
Is there a way to export the data displayed in the History tab of a workitem to .xls or .csv file?.
This is required inorder to extract certain data from workitems which cannot be extracted using normal query method.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards
Sanfi Faria

3 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Jan 03 '12, 5:26 a.m.
Hi All,
Is there a way to export the data displayed in the History tab of a workitem to .xls or .csv file?.
This is required inorder to extract certain data from workitems which cannot be extracted using normal query method.

Regards
Sanfi Faria

You can extract the history data from the FACTS snapshots using BIRT. So if you create a BIRT report with the report designer and use say Wi id as parameter you can extract all FACTS (changes) occured to the workitem.

permanent link
Abhishek Sharan (6) | answered Jan 05 '12, 4:24 a.m.
Hi All,

Regards
Sanfi Faria

You can extract the history data from the FACTS snapshots using BIRT. So if you create a BIRT report with the report designer and use say Wi id as parameter you can extract all FACTS (changes) occured to the workitem.

I am trying to create a BIRT report out of work items statuses but I am unable to figure out which snapshot to use and what patramaters to use. Also I am having dificulty in putting the default values for parameters. I have been following the instructions from some jazz.net articles to create a report but even after following the steps I am not able to see a report .Is there a place where I can get a proper documentation for my queries

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Jan 05 '12, 5:30 a.m.
Hi All,

Regards
Sanfi Faria

I am trying to create a BIRT report out of work items statuses but I am unable to figure out which snapshot to use and what patramaters to use. Also I am having dificulty in putting the default values for parameters. I have been following the instructions from some jazz.net articles to create a report but even after following the steps I am not able to see a report .Is there a place where I can get a proper documentation for my queries

Hi Abhishek

Unfortunately BIRT is open source so there is not much IBM documentation on the use of it. Create a blank report - make a datasource based on WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT the call it WI-SNAP-DS
create a datset based on WI-SNAP-DS using table WC_STRING_EXT_TO and call it FACTS - select whatever you want and put forinstance Project ID as parameter. then go the the parameters section of the dataset and enter the project area name like 'MyProjectArea'

finally drop the whole dataset on to your blank report and go to the preview tab.

Perhaps RRDI may be better documented for creating reports.

then create a dataset based on the
when you select your tables add the to your parameters and save

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.