It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[announcement] RRC requirements now live on jazz.net

Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | asked Aug 29 '11, 7:53 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Following on from the CLM planning blog posts by Scott Rich and Adrian Cho, let me mention that we are now self-hosting our requirements information for RRC on jazz.net in a RRC repository.

https://jazz.net/rm/web

We started this public self-hosting late in the V3.0.1 project, so you will see the requirements for that release. And you can find the live requirements we are formulating for the CLM 2012 release.

I suggest you start with the "README FIRST" folder. In it you will find 312: RM self host on Jazz.net: Guide for Visitors and
459: Usage Tips - RRC V3, which you may find helpful in your organization's own usage of RRC.

The easiest way to explore the current requirements set (including a glossary) is to use the saved filters in the left sidebar. In the right sidebar the Links pane has pointers to the Plan work items that are the root artifacts being used to plan and manage the CLM 2012 release.

I invite you to explore the requirements artifacts for RRC, the RRC portion of the CLM 2012 plan, and the dashboard for the CLM 2012 plan. Links go both ways, so you can start with either plan items or requirements. Linked from each plan item are child user stories created by developers to elaborate the high-level requirements and schedule their work for specific milestones

While I'm at it, let me mention that you can view other RRC plans and dashboards; current plans are available here, for example the V3.0.1 Fixpack 1 plan (interim milestone M3 is available for download as I write this).

We are doing this to prove, demonstrate, and further develop our requirements and cross-lifecycle solutions. Feel free to ask questions about these requirements in this forum or in the specific plan items. A key part of the vision for RRC is to enable YOUR product development teams to better engage their customers and stakeholders in the requirements process. Higher quality requirements conversations will lead to better requirements and better project outcomes. This is one of the reasons for the existence of jazz.net, and it's very appropriate for YOU and other stakeholders to get involved in the requirements process for RRC itself.

3 answers

permanent link
Eduardo Mylonas da Silva (23422519) | answered Nov 11 '11, 11:59 a.m.
I am getting this error message constantly upon opening of a process diagram:

The requested content could not be generated.
hide details
ID CRRRW8010E A server error prevented the generation of the content. Refresh your browser to generate the content again. If the problem persists, there might be an issue with the server. Ask your administrator to check the server status

I believe it's a problem with the plugin because the only way to have it fixed is to uninstall the plugin and reinstall it.

After the error, the content of the diagram is not displayed. If I take the action to Edit it, it hangs on "Loading Editor".

I am running Windows XP and FF 3.6

Thank you

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Nov 11 '11, 12:15 p.m.
It sounds like a problem on the server, which generates an image of the process diagram when you open (not edit).

The data is sent to the browser differently when you click the "edit" button; that's when the browser plug-in is used.

Is this a problem when using *your* RRC installation, or when using the jazz.net self-host (which is the parent topic of this thread)?

If your question is about your server, this may be helpful: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCConverterTroubleshooting

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Nov 14 '11, 3:15 p.m.
I would also call special attention to the link at the bottom of the page that Daniel referenced. It will direct you to a diagnostic tool that may provide more detail about the underlying problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.