It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Data Sync Between Air Gapped Networks

Cory Tanner (155) | asked Mar 03 '14, 10:09 a.m.
I have two separate networks that I need certain information from certain work items that needs to be exchanged between two different networks.  I have a two part question.  Is there any way the work item IDs can synchronize between the two systems, or will I have to create a unique ID attribute that synchronizes between the two networks?  The second question involves the way the data sync is handled.  Is there any other way, besides importing and exporting a csv file?

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 03 '14, 10:25 a.m. | edited Mar 04 '14, 2:51 a.m.

Hi Cory,
CSV synchronisation is the first think coming to my mind.
Anyway - what is the reason you want to synchronize work items between these 2 systems? Do you have the issue that some users have no access to both networks?

There is restrict visibility feature in RTC: https://jazz.net/library/article/554 maybye this is what you are looking for?

Cory Tanner commented Mar 03 '14, 11:01 a.m.

Yes.  Project managers need to be able to report how their projects are doing on a monthly basis.  Their bosses do not have access to our development network.

Cory Tanner commented Mar 03 '14, 11:05 a.m.

Also, our development network has some sensitive data that we want to keep private.  We only want to get project metrics and meeting work items off of the development network to synchronize between the both networks.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Mar 04 '14, 4:07 a.m.
Hi Cory,
I see then couple of possibilities for you:
1. Grant access to your development server to your managers and use restrict visibility feature (https://jazz.net/library/article/554) to show them only work items which they can see or get them access only to project areas they need an access.
2. Configure RRDI or Insight in the network where your managers do have an access. RRDI and Insight are reporting solutions which might be useful for your managers at all (RRDI is even for free)
3. You can create new follow up action on your server on work item save which will be creating work item on another server

I don't think that there is an quick way to synchronize work items between repositories.

Let us know if that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.