It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem reinstalling 4.0.5 CLM after uninstall on AIX

Fred Bickford (281632) | asked Feb 25 '14, 4:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After uninstalling CLM 4.0.5 on AIX 6.1, a repository was removed, upon replacing the repository back, IIM from the UI or console fails to install or even properly view installed packages.

is there a way to pass an argument like -clean to IIM to reset package metadata?

Other products are installed on this system and working fine.

-Fred

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No metadata found for installed package com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm 4.0.5000.CALM-I20131107-2230-r405.
        com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ProfileInstallRegistry.getInstalledOfferings(InstallRegistry.java:1355)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.sortProfiles(Agent.java:2460)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.getSortedProductProfiles(Agent.java:2446)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.console.pages.ConPageViewInstalledPackage$InstalledPackageContentProvider.getElements(ConPageViewInstalledPackage.java:85)
        com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.views.ConViewTreeList.populateEntries(ConViewTreeList.java:100)
        com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.views.ConViewTreeList.present(ConViewTreeList.java:265)
        com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.views.ConViewGroup.present(ConViewGroup.java:53)
        com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.pages.AConPage.present(AConPage.java:90)
        com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.manager.AConManager.present(AConManager.java:171)
        com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.manager.AConManager.run(AConManager.java:131)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.console.manager.ConManager.start(ConManager.java:90)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.core.console.manager.ConsoleManager.start(ConsoleManager.java:23)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runAgentNoStdout(HeadlessApplication.java:321)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runAgent(HeadlessApplication.java:192)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.run(HeadlessApplication.java:149)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runHeadlessApplication(HeadlessApplication.java:176)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIApplication.launch(AgentUIApplication.java:168)
        com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIApplication.start(AgentUIApplication.java:75)
        org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
        org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
        org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
        org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
        org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
        org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

Even doing a console installation it errors:

-----> CRIMA1138E ERROR: Unchecked exception was detected

java.lang.StackOverflowError

com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.manager.AConManager.getPreviousPage(AConManager.java:239)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.pages.AConPage.calculatePreviousHeader(AConPage.java:127)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.pages.AConPageWizard.calculatePreviousHeader(AConPageWizard.java:322)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.pages.AConPage.calculatePreviousHeader(AConPage.java:130)
-------->   <repeated hundred or so times>
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.pages.AConPage.setHeaderView(AConPage.java:67)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.pages.ConPageUnexpectedException.init(ConPageUnexpectedException.java:32)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.views.AConView.initialize(AConView.java:45)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.views.ConViewGroup.initialize(ConViewGroup.java:63)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.pages.AConPage.initialize(AConPage.java:116)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.manager.AConManager.addPage(AConManager.java:193)
com.ibm.cic.common.core.console.manager.AConManager.run(AConManager.java:155)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.console.manager.ConManager.start(ConManager.java:90)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.console.manager.ConsoleManager.start(ConsoleManager.java:23)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runAgentNoStdout(HeadlessApplication.java:321)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runAgent(HeadlessApplication.java:192)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.run(HeadlessApplication.java:149)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.application.HeadlessApplication.runHeadlessApplication(HeadlessApplication.java:176)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIApplication.launch(AgentUIApplication.java:168)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIApplication.start(AgentUIApplication.java:75)
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

4 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 25 '14, 6:42 p.m.
It looks like the registry of Installation Manager is corrupted. I don't know a way to "reset" the registry, but I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall IM if no other applications (packages) are installed with IM. You should be able to find plenty of information in the IM InfoCenter. Here are a few pointers.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r6/topic/com.ibm.cic.agent.ui.doc/topics/t_manually_installing.html
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r6/topic/com.ibm.cic.commandline.doc/topics/t_imcl_uninstall_im.html
Hope it helps.

permanent link
Fred Bickford (281632) | answered Feb 26 '14, 7:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Donald, unfortunately , 3 other products were installed with IIM, so uninstalling is not possible

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 26 '14, 10:04 p.m.

In that case, I would suggest you open a support ticket to get the case investigated more carefully. The log files of IM, or even its installation may need close examination.

permanent link
HÃ¥kan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Feb 27 '14, 6:08 a.m.
It might be possible to use the switch -reinstallIM From:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21290142

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Feb 27 '14, 7:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This document should give you some clues.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21636797

I see a number of com.ibm.team.install.jfs.app.product-clm*.jar files in my ..Installation Manager\installRegistry\metadata\Offerings on my Windows machine.
So that is where you would want to look. I'm not sure if you need to get them from AIX or not but they should be the same version of RTC

If you are willing to lose the ability to uninstall, upgrade or apply fixes to the other installed products you can also rename the {IM_DATADIR}. 
I'm not sure where that is on AIX. Mine is here: C:\ProgramData\IBM\Installation Manager on Windows.
I'm not sure if you would need to reinstall IM at that point or if it will just start fresh and you can perform the install from there.

What repository was removed by the way?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.