It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using a Custom Project Template

kevin sevinsky (1144) | asked Aug 19 '11, 1:55 p.m.
I want to create a new lifecycle project using a project template i previously created. When i create a lifecycle project my template doesnt show in my Process/Project Template dropdown. I only see the default Base, Use case, Agile, Traditional.

I created a project named "A" off of default base.
I created a folder structure.
I created some custom Artifact Types.
I created some custom Artifact Attributes.
I created a New Project Template named "A", selected all the check boxes and saved within the "A" project.
I can see my custom project template "A" in the Admin "templates" tab within my "A" project.

So now i wanted to create a new lifecycle project "B" and use that project template.
for the RRC piece, I would expect to see template "A" in the Process/Project drop down along wiht the default Base, Use Case, etc..

but i dont. whhat did i do wrong?

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 19 '11, 7:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

The LPA project templates are static, they do not change based on templates you have created in other applications. In order to add a new project to an LPA template, you will need to create a new LPA template, or customize an existing template to include your custom RRC template. See this topic for information on customizing templates.

I went through your scenario of creating a custom template ("A") based off of another project in RRC, and I customized one of the existing LPA templates to include the "A" template. Now when I create an LPA project based off of my new template, I can see "A" in the list of templates for RM, and it the resulting RM project looks like I would expect it to.

I sent you my template via email. Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.