It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reporting on historical data of custom attributes in RRC

Thomas Wiman (3123) | asked Aug 27 '13, 9:56 a.m.

I want to generate RRDI reports based on historical data of custom attributes in RRC.
As I understand, the history of custom attributes should be accesible through the "Requirement History String Extension" in the DW, but in my default setup of RRC and RRDI, querying the "Requirement History String Extension" results in no data returned.

My questions are: How do I access historical data of RRC custom attributes. Can I do it in the default setup of RRC and RRDI or do I have to create a new specific ETL-job to collect historical data of custom attributes?

Comments
ankur sharma commented Aug 27 '13, 10:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is the 'Requirements' data collection job running successfully?  

3 answers

permanent link
Thomas Wiman (3123) | answered Dec 19 '13, 4:23 a.m.

After I have investingated this deeper and talked with some IBM-representatives I have understood that historical data from RRC is not yet available, even thus the data model indicate that it should be available for reporting. 

Thomas

Comments
Andrew Trobec commented Dec 20 '13, 2:17 a.m. | edited Dec 20 '13, 2:22 a.m.

@thomaswiman

Hello Thomas,
Did the IBM representatives specify whether there is an ETL enhancement request to ensure that the data becomes available, or a workaround for accessing this data?
Regards,
Andrew

edit: lest we forget that these tools are available at a cost, and incomplete reporting data is not exactly ideal for a paying customer...

Thomas Wiman commented Jan 08 '14, 4:56 a.m.

The answer I got was that the RM ETL does not collect history.  Even though the history tables exist, they are not being populated.  This has been tracked in [RM] Add history load to ETL (35951).

permanent link
Thomas Wiman (3123) | answered Aug 27 '13, 10:51 a.m.

Yes all Collection jobs runs fine, including 'Requirements' and 'Star'.

Comments
Brian Fleming commented Dec 17 '13, 3:43 p.m.

Hi Thomas.  Did you ever figure this out?

permanent link
Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | answered Dec 18 '13, 3:51 a.m.
Hello,

I am facing the exact same issue, except I am using Insight instead of RRDI.  I base my reports off of the standard "Reporting Data Model (DW)" model where I have a number of views to extract data from.  Of these, I am trying to extract data from the "Requirement History" and "Requirement History String Extension" views but they are blank. 

All collection jobs are running fine and I can extract requirement information from the "Requirement" view.

Please can somebody address this?

Regards,

Andrew

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.