It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving across databases.

Alexandre Moreira (622) | asked Aug 12 '11, 11:52 a.m.
Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to move a RRC 2.0.0 with fix packs 1 and 3 from one oracle DB to another oracle DB. From what I saw on the other tools (RTC and RQM), I could merely use repotools on them to export the data and import it back on the new DB after setting the new properties to the new DB.

I couldn't, however, find this information for RRC. Can anyone confirm me if the same procedure is effective for RRC or if there is anything else needed to accomplish it on this tool?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Aug 12 '11, 3:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Alexandre,

You can move RRC data using repotools -export, or by using the vendor backup/restore capabilities. Obviously, the DB will need to exist on the new Oracle server and your server will need to be re-configured to point to the new Oracle server. If you are keeping the RRC server on the same box, here's what I would recommend:

1) Restore your existing Oracle DB on to the new server

OR

Run repotools -export on your current server

2) Run rdm/setup, making sure to point to your new Oracle server/DB

3) If you restored the DB instead of using repotools, the configuration should complete and you should have access to your data.

If you're pointing to a new Oracle DB, the Jazz tables will be created during the setup and you'll need to run repotools -import fromFile=<file> to get access to your data again.

Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.