It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade of RTC 3.0 to 3.0.1 fails

sujatha raghuraman (111) | asked Aug 03 '11, 1:06 a.m.
CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.reposito
ry.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService"
CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.
IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected. See the log file "C:\Program F
iles\IBM\JazzTeamServer_2\server\repotools-jts_addTables.log" for more details.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 05 '11, 4:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.reposito
ry.service.internal.schemagen.PersistentMappingService"
CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.
IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected. See the log file "C:\Program F
iles\IBM\JazzTeamServer_2\server\repotools-jts_addTables.log" for more details.

Hi,

you could have a look into the log that was mentioned above.

If you would provide more information about your situation we might be able to help. Alternatively you could create a PMR or a work item on Jazz.net.

permanent link
Eitan Shomrai (9154) | answered Nov 10 '11, 11:29 a.m.
Hi, same subject... trying to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.1
C:\JTS\V3011\server>upgrade\jts_upgrade.bat

=============================================
=== JTS Upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.1 ===
Step 0: Update config files
---------------------------
Directory: "C:\JTS\V3011\server"
Command:
repotools-jts.bat -migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles oldJTSHome="C:\jazz\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" jtsContextRoot=jts updateTomca
tFiles=yes newJTSHome="C:\JTS\V3011\server\conf" oldJTSVersion=3.0.0

Enter to execute this step, to skip it or hit to cancel the script execution:
E
Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\JTS\V3011\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles".
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.1 (RJF-I20111006-0903)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:///C%3a/JTS/V3011/server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
Validating JTS configuration files...
Checking the old JTS version...
CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected. See the log file "C:\JTS\V3011\server\repotools-jts_migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles
.log" for more details.

The jts upgrade failed at step 0. Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0.

Then at the of the log file I get this:
--------------------------
2011-11-10 17:49:06,631 Validating JTS configuration files...
2011-11-10 17:49:06,631 Checking the old JTS version...
2011-11-10 17:50:29,709 The version string "The command "-version" is not recognized." is not properly formatted.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The version string "The command "-version" is not recognized." is not properly formatted.
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.util.AbstractVersionChecker.getVersionStringFromOutput(AbstractVersionChecker.java:192)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.util.AbstractVersionChecker.getVersionString(AbstractVersionChecker.java:125)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.util.JTSVersionChecker.getOldJTSVersion(JTSVersionChecker.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.getOld30xJTSVersionStringFromRepotools(AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:2971)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.jts.JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.initializeOldJTSVersion(JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:549)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.validateOldJTSVersion(AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:771)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.jts.JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.validateJTSAndApplicationConfigurationFiles(JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:151)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.jts.JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.execute(JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:82)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:64)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:736)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:811)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 10 '11, 11:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Eitan,

you should create a new post so that people don't get confused.

It looks like the version string you entered is not accepted. I have never seen this parameter passed or the error. I would check the parameters with the upgrade documentation say.

permanent link
Eitan Shomrai (9154) | answered Nov 10 '11, 12:39 p.m.
Hi, same subject... trying to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.1
C:\JTS\V3011\server>upgrade\jts_upgrade.bat

=== JTS Upgrade from 3.0 to 3.0.1.1 ===
Step 0: Update config files
---------------------------
Directory: "C:\JTS\V3011\server"
Command:
repotools-jts.bat -migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles oldJTSHome="C:\jazz\JazzTeamServer\server\conf" jtsContextRoot=jts updateTomca
tFiles=yes newJTSHome="C:\JTS\V3011\server\conf" oldJTSVersion=3.0.0

Enter to execute this step, to skip it or hit to cancel the script execution:
E
Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\JTS\V3011\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles".
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1.1 (RJF-I20111006-0903)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:///C%3a/JTS/V3011/server/conf/jts/teamserver.properties".
Validating JTS configuration files...
Checking the old JTS version...
CRJAZ1728E An unexpected error has been detected. See the log file "C:\JTS\V3011\server\repotools-jts_migration_jts_updateConfigurationFiles
.log" for more details.

The jts upgrade failed at step 0. Correct the problem and run the script again starting at step 0.

Then at the end of the log file I get this:
--------------------------
2011-11-10 17:49:06,631 Validating JTS configuration files...
2011-11-10 17:49:06,631 Checking the old JTS version...
2011-11-10 17:50:29,709 The version string "The command "-version" is not recognized." is not properly formatted.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The version string "The command "-version" is not recognized." is not properly formatted.
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.util.AbstractVersionChecker.getVersionStringFromOutput(AbstractVersionChecker.java:192)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.util.AbstractVersionChecker.getVersionString(AbstractVersionChecker.java:125)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.util.JTSVersionChecker.getOldJTSVersion(JTSVersionChecker.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.getOld30xJTSVersionStringFromRepotools(AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:2971)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.jts.JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.initializeOldJTSVersion(JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:549)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.validateOldJTSVersion(AbstractUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:771)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.jts.JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.validateJTSAndApplicationConfigurationFiles(JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:151)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.commands.upgrade.jts.JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.execute(JTSUpdateConfigurationFilesCommand.java:82)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:64)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:736)
at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:811)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)

SOLUTION:
I found out that there is NO "-version" option for "repotools" at 3.0. It seems that it was added later...
How to skip this check?!?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.