It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to reuse query from one ccm server in another ccm server

Rainy John (381226) | asked Jan 19 '16, 2:00 a.m.
 I have a query created in say, CCM1 and I have copied this query to CCM2 server without any issue. When I edit this query from ccm2, I am getting only project area list from ccm1.

My intention is to edit this query and reuse it for the projects in ccm2. Is it possible?

One answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Jan 19 '16, 8:42 a.m.
 Not sure.... but one thing to validate: are you using the same process template in both the project you export from and the one you import it in ?

Comments
Rainy John commented Jan 19 '16, 8:57 a.m.

Sorry, one correction here - It is not reuse of query but Widget from server to another.

Both projects are using the same process template

Kim Soederhamn commented Jan 20 '16, 2:29 a.m.

Ah ok so widgets are based on a report template - on top of this there is your personal settings(input paramenters for the report query) like which projects area or team, iteration stuff like that you want to run on. Now these parameters may point to UUIDs on the specific server where you run the report so I doubt you can copy such a setting because the same UUIDs will not exist on the second server...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.