It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Assigning Users to Test Cases

Jared Clark (61) | asked Jul 25 '11, 11:56 a.m.
Hi,

Trying to figure out if it is possible in RQM to assign a users to test cases, the project leads want to assign users to test case so they can see which test that user still needs to complete. So far I have not found any way to do this so if anyone knows how this might be possible I would appreciate it.

4 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 26 '11, 5:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi There,
If the intention is to complete the Test case sections then there is a better way of doing it.
Every section have a link
WorkItem: "Create...",
at the right top corner in the section
It will create a quality task to complete that section. User should track assigned task from My tasks viewlet at dashboard or through email notification. This is the recommendation for assigning task to complete any section not just limited to Testcase but also applicable to other artifacts.
It also allows to have multiple user to complete different section for single testcase.

Besides that RQM 3.0.1, there is also an option to set owner for Test case.
I know it was not shown in older version (2.x) of RQM, but it is available in v3.0.1

-|- Pramod Chandoria

permanent link
Jared Clark (61) | answered Jul 26 '11, 9:39 a.m.
Thanks for the help with assigning user, and I did see in the Dash where I could find items I assigned to myself but what I meant by seeing which test cases have/haven't run is that the higher ups want a report that gives a list of which test cases for a project haven't been run and which tester is assigned to them . I have been looking in the Reports section but I cannot get any of the report to print out that way. Any thoughts

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jul 26 '11, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you are talking from Execution Planning perspective. My first response was with reference to construction, where you want all details of the test case to be completed.
Planning of Test Case execution should be carried out by creating Test Case Execution Record (aka TCER). TCER is unique combination of
Test Plan
Test Case
Test Schedule (Milestone)
Test Environment

You can assign owner to each TCER. You will also find lot of out the box reports around TCER which current execution status by owner etc..

The plan you choose for TCER is essentially the Test plan for which testing is being done.
Assigning Test Schedule to TCER, you are planning in which cycle this TCER should be executed.
Assigning Test Environment to TCER, you are planning which platform to be covered through this test.
By assigning owner you are delegating responsibility to one of the tester to perform execution for TCER.

-|- Pramod Chandoria

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Jul 29 '11, 2:57 p.m.
I think you are talking from Execution Planning perspective. My first response was with reference to construction, where you want all details of the test case to be completed.
Planning of Test Case execution should be carried out by creating Test Case Execution Record (aka TCER). TCER is unique combination of
Test Plan
Test Case
Test Schedule (Milestone)
Test Environment

You can assign owner to each TCER. You will also find lot of out the box reports around TCER which current execution status by owner etc..

The plan you choose for TCER is essentially the Test plan for which testing is being done.
Assigning Test Schedule to TCER, you are planning in which cycle this TCER should be executed.
Assigning Test Environment to TCER, you are planning which platform to be covered through this test.
By assigning owner you are delegating responsibility to one of the tester to perform execution for TCER.

-|- Pramod Chandoria

As another suggestion - if you're specifically looking to associate a workload with a specific user, create a test suite with all the test cases that the user is expected to execute and assign the test suite to that user - this will give you visible to what's been run, what's not etc

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.