It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a browser for my test environment

Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | asked Jun 21 '11, 8:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I am trying to generate a test environment while I generate test execution records. I want the environment to use Internet Explorer 8. The "Generate Test Environments" tab has a list of browsers, but Internet Explorer 8 is not on it. How do I add a browser to the list?

Thanks,
Martha

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Jun 22 '11, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I am trying to generate a test environment while I generate test execution records. I want the environment to use Internet Explorer 8. The "Generate Test Environments" tab has a list of browsers, but Internet Explorer 8 is not on it. How do I add a browser to the list?

Thanks,
Martha

In RQM, click the "Admin" button (in the upper right) and choose "Manage Project Properties". Then choose "Lab Resource Properties". In the table that appears, go to "Installed Software"->"Browsers"->"Internet Explorer". The in the "Internet Explorer" column click the the add button to crate a new type and name it "Internet Explorer 8". Save the change. You'll then need to log out and log back in to see the change.

Best Regards,
Rob
Martha (Ruby) Andrews selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Xiaorong(Flick) Wang (6) | answered Jun 21 '11, 11:29 p.m.
I also want to know how to do.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 22 '11, 12:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Rob,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I do not see the Manage Project Properties entry on my Admin menu. Do I need to be a member of JazzAdmins or have some other permissions to see it?
My Admin menu contains only these entries:
Manange This Project Area
Manage Project Areas
Manage Templates
Jazz Team Server Home

Thanks,
Martha
Hello,

Thanks,
Martha

In RQM, click the "Admin" button (in the upper right) and choose "Manage Project Properties". Then choose "Lab Resource Properties". In the table that appears, go to "Installed Software"->"Browsers"->"Internet Explorer". The in the "Internet Explorer" column click the the add button to crate a new type and name it "Internet Explorer 8". Save the change. You'll then need to log out and log back in to see the change.

Best Regards,
Rob

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Jun 23 '11, 5:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You don't have to be a JazzAdmin but you do have to be an Administrator of your QM project area before the Manage Project Properties menu will be available. Have the current project admin login to the project area of interest, then do "manage this project area" and add you as an administrator of this project.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 28 '11, 7:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks, Kurtis. That worked like a charm once I was added as an Administrator on the project.

Martha

You don't have to be a JazzAdmin but you do have to be an Administrator of your QM project area before the Manage Project Properties menu will be available. Have the current project admin login to the project area of interest, then do "manage this project area" and add you as an administrator of this project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.