It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuration file - multiple Test Scripts to a case

Arun Sharma (611) | asked Jun 17 '11, 12:46 p.m.
Hello,

Is there an example of configuration file (.cnf) along with excel file available, that can link multiple test scripts to a single test case. All the available examples that comes with Excel exporter utility links one test script per test case.

Thank you all

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 19 '11, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Is there an example of configuration file (.cnf) along with excel file available, that can link multiple test scripts to a single test case. All the available examples that comes with Excel exporter utility links one test script per test case.

Thank you all

You would use the testcase.XLSLink=testscript keyword to link the test case to one/more test scripts and testscript.XLSStartRow=<row> to point the first (of many) test scripts in the Excel file. For an example, see:

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=58128#58128

permanent link
Arun Sharma (611) | answered Jun 20 '11, 8:03 a.m.
Hello,

Thank you all

You would use the testcase.XLSLink=testscript keyword to link the test case to one/more test scripts and testscript.XLSStartRow=<row> to point the first (of many) test scripts in the Excel file. For an example, see:

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=58128#58128

Thank You Paul,
However I am still not able to link it properly. I have two test cases , each has lets say two different test scripts.
Using the example - when I link, it adds 2 test cases(correct), total of 4 test scripts (2 per test case - which is also correct), however with every test case, it links all 4 test scripts.
The problem is RQM exporter add test scripts first in the database then link test scripts to test cases, it assumes all four scripts to be added to every test case.
Any further suggestion? Also if you can send me your sample excel file, it will also be very helpful.

Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.