It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changing the order of test cases in a test suite

Patrick Paquette (371219) | asked Oct 10 '13, 10:21 a.m.

I was wondering if there was any other easier way to reorder the position of a test case in a test suite?  The only way we know how to do it is to use the Move Up/Down feature, but it can take forever.  Consider the use case when you have to replace the first test case of a suite with another - first, you add the test case, then it puts it on the bottom of the list.  Then, click move up, move up, move up...until you get to the top...with 40 test cases in a suite.

Any one have any ideas how we can remove this impediment?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tory Jaskoviak (52015) | answered Oct 10 '13, 2:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Patrick,

Currently the only way to change the Execution Order is by using the 'Move Up' and 'Move Down' buttons. I understand this isn't ideal in the use case you described. If you feel that this functionality is important to you, please create a new enhancement - New RQM Enhancement.

Regards,
Tory
Patrick Paquette selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Patrick Paquette commented Oct 10 '13, 2:55 p.m.

I've been using the RFE community for this sorta thing in the past - which way is better?

Tory Jaskoviak commented Oct 10 '13, 3:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

They both have their benefits. Development uses jazz.net for defect/enhancement tracking so you would be able to see all of their updates. Even if you create an enhancement in devworks, it is copied over onto jazz.net for development to work on it.

On the other hand, the good thing about creating an enhancement in devworks is that development is obligated to provide a response in a certain number of days signifying if they are going to implement the feature in a current release. There is no such obligation in jazz.net for development to address the enhancement you created.

Patrick Paquette commented Oct 25 '13, 4:33 p.m.

Enhancement created on RFE Community.  Thanks Tory.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.