It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrate RQM with STAF/STAX

Zhang Xu (3152) | asked Dec 30 '09, 1:28 a.m.
I want to integrate RQM with STAX external server. I have configure RQM server and test machines well. But I am blocked at creating lab resource steps. I do according to the following steps. But I cannot find "4. Click the Add to Provider icon", how can i add a test machine?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.install.doc/topics/t_instl_upgrade_manual.html

does any one configured stax before. Pls help me on that. Thanks in advance.

3 answers

permanent link
David Hawkey (6) | answered Jan 05 '10, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've seen 2 common causes for this

1) Your user does not have a test lab manager license applied. This can be done under Admin -> Jazz User Administration

2) If you are not using the default project area named "Quality Manager", you must specify the project area for the STAX adapter in integration_config.xml using the <projectArea> tag

<RTLMExtensionAPIRegistration>
<adapter>
<name>STAX Adapter</name>
<version>1.0</version>
<APIVersionSupported>1.0</APIVersionSupported>
<inventoryExtensionId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.inventory</inventoryExtensionId>
<automationExtensionId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax.automation</automationExtensionId>
<pluginId>com.ibm.rational.test.lm.spi.stax</pluginId>
<instance>
<projectArea>My Project Area</projectArea>
<instanceId>stax1</instanceId>
<hostname>mystaxserver.test.com</hostname>
<port>0</port>
<staxPath>D:\stax</staxPath>
<scanInterval>120</scanInterval>
<dbLocation>D:\RQM\staxdb</dbLocation>
</instance>
</adapter>
</RTLMExtensionAPIRegistration>

permanent link
Zhang Xu (3152) | answered Jan 06 '10, 3:03 a.m.
Thanks very much. I have figured out the problem cause my RQM CAL has 0 avaiable Lab Management license..

permanent link
Zhang Xu (3152) | answered Jan 06 '10, 3:07 a.m.
I have integrate RQM with RST(Rational Service Tester). But I find one problem; the efficiency to exec a test suite is very low. I have to count 10%, 12%,14%..... to wait a ER to exec. Does this a common problem when integrating RQM with Rational test tools like RFT/RPT/RST? Anyone has confronted the same problem? Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.