It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Repository Workspaces Vanish

Michael Batey (161) | asked Jun 16 '11, 2:07 p.m.
Within the last week, two of the users on our project have lost all their repository workspaces. They would log out for the day and when they would log in the next day all their workspaces have vanished. We search for the repository workspace for each of the user and nothing would return. This is getting frustrating since users are losing productivity.

Michael

8 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 16 '11, 2:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Within the last week, two of the users on our project have lost all their repository workspaces. They would log out for the day and when they would log in the next day all their workspaces have vanished. We search for the repository workspace for each of the user and nothing would return. This is getting frustrating since users are losing productivity.

Michael

Log this with IBM support - they should be able to assist.

BTW - what version of RTC are you using - and what client (Eclipse/VS).

anthony

permanent link
Michael Batey (161) | answered Jun 16 '11, 3:02 p.m.

anthony

Using RTC 3.0 and the client is the standard RTC eclipse client.

I have logged this with IBM support. They were unsure how to help me the first time this occurred. Trying to get back in contact with them after the second occurrence.

Michael

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 17 '11, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Michael
When the repository workspace disappears, does that mean it doesn't show in the Team Artifacts view under My Repository Workspaces? Or does it just disappear from Pending Changes? It would be a major issue if the workspaces disappear and don't show up in My Repository Workspaces anymore. Either the ownership has changed or the workspace has been deleted if it's not showing in Team Artifacts.

If it's disappearing from Pending Changes, there is a defect with tracked workspaces (workspaces that don't have content loaded to disk) disappearing. https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/149809

permanent link
Michael Batey (161) | answered Jun 17 '11, 12:03 p.m.
Tim,

The workspaces disappear and don't show up in My Repository Workspaces. When I search for the users workspaces no results return.

When it happened to one user, operator error was a good option but when it started to happen to other users now we start questioning the tool.

Michael

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 17 '11, 1:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Tim,

The workspaces disappear and don't show up in My Repository Workspaces. When I search for the users workspaces no results return.

When it happened to one user, operator error was a good option but when it started to happen to other users now we start questioning the tool.

Michael
I didn't mean to imply that it was the user's error. Admin users can also delete another user's workspaces.

Are there any errors logged to the Error view? That might help determine the cause of the problem.

I don't see how the user can trigger workspace deletions by accident or unknowingly. There's probably something else causing the workspaces to be deleted. Is there an automated script that runs at night or any custom build scripts? Logging in and out wouldn't change any artifacts so maybe something occurs overnight while the user is logged out.

permanent link
Michael Batey (161) | answered Jun 17 '11, 7:46 p.m.
User error was my assumption, was not implying you meant it. The Admin and myself have reviewed what we have done but can't find anything to cause this. The only thing we can think of is we are trying to get the Oracle database backups working (RTC is a new install for us), we are having a little bit of trouble with it. Can't see how backing up the database would cause a problem.

Have not been able to find anything in the error logs.

Michael

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jun 20 '11, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
User error was my assumption, was not implying you meant it. The Admin and myself have reviewed what we have done but can't find anything to cause this. The only thing we can think of is we are trying to get the Oracle database backups working (RTC is a new install for us), we are having a little bit of trouble with it. Can't see how backing up the database would cause a problem.

Have not been able to find anything in the error logs.

Michael
At this point, I think you'll have to open a work item against SCM. Post screenshots of the Pending Changes and Team Artifacts view and any other information that you can think of.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 20 '11, 3:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

anthony

Using RTC 3.0 and the client is the standard RTC eclipse client.

I have logged this with IBM support. They were unsure how to help me the first time this occurred. Trying to get back in contact with them after the second occurrence.

Michael

Hi Michael

Apologies if you tried this already - but if your user opens a new Eclipse workspace (eclipse.exe -data c:\newworkspace) can they see their old repo workspaces?

I would also do as Tim suggests and create a work item.

Final random thought - any Oracle errors or problems? Disk space or tablespace size??

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.