It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reports


Bhadri Madapusi (18171) | asked Aug 30 '07, 10:30 a.m.
I have a few team areas, categories and work items in my project area. I created a new report from Work Items by Type.rptdesign template. When I open the report I do not see any entries for either the Team Area or the Category parameters.

Am I missing something.

BTW I changed the scheduling period in <Jazz_Server_Install>\jazz\repotools\eclipse\plugins
\com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build_0.6.0.I20070811-1447.jar\plugin.xml

from 24 to 1

<extension
point="com.ibm.team.repository.service.scheduler">
<serviceTask
ID="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build"
methodName="updateData"
serviceInterface="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build.IBuildSnapshotService"/>
<job
ID="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build"
period="1"
periodUnits="hours"
taskID="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build"/>
</extension>

Thanks in advance.

4 answers



permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Aug 31 '07, 11:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi. Could you please open a work item against the Reports component?
There are a couple of steps we can take to diagnose this, with some more
information from you.

Thanks,

james

bhadrim wrote:
I have a few team areas, categories and work items in my project area.
I created a new report from Work Items by Type.rptdesign template.
When I open the report I do not see any entries for either the Team
Area or the Category parameters.

Am I missing something.

BTW I changed the scheduling period in
Jazz_Server_Install>\jazz\repotools\eclipse\plugins
\com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build_0.6.0.I20070811-1447.jar\plugin.xml

from 24 to 1

extension
point="com.ibm.team.repository.service.scheduler"
serviceTask
ID="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build"
methodName="updateData"

serviceInterface="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build.IBuildSnapshotService"/
job
ID="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build"
period="1"
periodUnits="hours"

taskID="com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.build"/
/extension

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Bhadri Madapusi (18171) | answered Aug 31 '07, 12:07 p.m.
I believe the period change I made is not having any effect. I was able to see the team areas and the category after 24 hrs. Can you please let me know what information you need from me to diagnose the issue? Thanks

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Sep 06 '07, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
bhadrim wrote:
I believe the period change I made is not having any effect. I was
able to see the team areas and the category after 24 hrs. Can you
please let me know what information you need from me to diagnose the
issue? Thanks


Let's move this to a bug report - could you please open one against the
Reports component? Please include in the bug report the name of your
project area, whether you're using the rich client or the web UI, and if
possible, and the complete URL (which you can get in the rich client by
right-clicking in the report editor, selecting properties, and then
copying and pasting into the bug report).

Thanks,

james

permanent link
Bhadri Madapusi (18171) | answered Sep 06 '07, 2:02 p.m.
This might be usage error. I was looking at all the plugin.xml files and I missed out the scheduling job period change (from 24 to 1) on few of them. I have changed it and hopefully must work in the future.

But I am having problems with Project Activity report and I have opened a work item Defect 30335 to track this.

Thanks for your time.

Your answer


Register or to post your answer.