It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution Results is blank after executing Automated scripts

pelaez macarambon (621) | asked May 24 '11, 7:42 a.m.
Hi guys, Im new to this. Please advise me how to display test result in RQM. What I did was I integrate RFT automated scripts in RQM test case. After executing the script in RQM "View Execution Results" tab is blank. I could not determine if its pass / failed.

i could only see the test logs if i run the test script in RFT not in RQM.

I followed the link below but still doesn't solve my problem. please help

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/09/0223_kelly/index.html

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 24 '11, 8:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi guys, Im new to this. Please advise me how to display test result in RQM. What I did was I integrate RFT automated scripts in RQM test case. After executing the script in RQM "View Execution Results" tab is blank. I could not determine if its pass / failed.

Thanks

When you start running an RFT script from RQM it will open the Execution Progress page which shows a percent complete indicator. This is the page shown in figure 11 of the article you referenced. As soon as the script completes the "close and show results" button should become enabled. And clicking it will take you to the RFT execution result for that run. If that doesn't work then see if there are any errors in your rqm.log file or the RFT adapters console window (Figure 3) in our document.

If there are no errors then make sure you can run a manual test script and see the results in View Execution Results. There is a user preference that will cause all of RQM list tables to be empty when you initially open them, but if that where the case then you wouldn't see anything when you do View Test Cases either.

permanent link
pelaez macarambon (621) | answered May 24 '11, 9:45 a.m.

Thanks

When you start running an RFT script from RQM it will open the Execution Progress page which shows a percent complete indicator. This is the page shown in figure 11 of the article you referenced. As soon as the script completes the "close and show results" button should become enabled. And clicking it will take you to the RFT execution result for that run. If that doesn't work then see if there are any errors in your rqm.log file or the RFT adapters console window (Figure 3) in our document.

If there are no errors then make sure you can run a manual test script and see the results in View Execution Results. There is a user preference that will cause all of RQM list tables to be empty when you initially open them, but if that where the case then you wouldn't see anything when you do View Test Cases either.

Hi Kurtism,

I was able to execute manual test script and successfully see the result in View Execution Result. When I check the RFT Adapter console part of the message is :

-rt.log_format xml -iterationcount -1 -rt.bring_up_logviewer false -execmode rqm -playback Script

logviewer is false. this might be the problem? where is the RQM.log file located?

Thanks for the reply

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 26 '11, 5:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No I don't think the "-rt.bring_up_logviewer false" argument is the issue. I see that too and this works fine for me.

So you are saying that the View Test Case Results doesn't show any result from the RFT run at all? Well, when you do the RFT run from RQM and it completes, the "Close and Show Results" button on the Script Execution Status page should become enabled. Does that happen? And if so, what happens when you click this button?

The only thing that is coming to mind is possibly the user id that you have configured the adapter to use doesn't have the appropriate Client Access License or the role of that user doesn't have sufficient permissions to create execution results. Try configuring the RFT adapter to use the same user that you have logged in from the RQM web ui and successfully created manual test script results.

In terms of where the rqm.log file is located. Look in the directory where you installed RQM. Under that you should see a "server" directory that has the rqm.log file. There's probably some info already in it, so you may want to stop RQM delete the existing log file, restart and recreate the issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.