It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem constructing query

Steve Willems (8811311) | asked May 11 '11, 3:19 a.m.
I'm building a query to retrieve all work items that do not have a link towards a blocked work item without a certain tag.

The query is working fine unless a work item has a second blocking link towards another work item without that tag popping up again in the result set.
Now the idea is of course that this work item should stay excluded from the result set since it contains already at least 1 blocking item with that particluar tag set.

Any suggestions to retrieve the correct result set?

Many thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 11 '11, 4:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

I might be wrong but I experienced similar restrictions on the queries especially with relationships. I don't believe you can create such a query with the query editor. This seems to be a common restriction for query editors (for other products also). They seem to be unable to handle queries that need inner joins. You might want to file a work item and discuss with development. If you do, please subscribe me.

Ralph

I'm building a query to retrieve all work items that do not have a link towards a blocked work item without a certain tag.

The query is working fine unless a work item has a second blocking link towards another work item without that tag popping up again in the result set.
Now the idea is of course that this work item should stay excluded from the result set since it contains already at least 1 blocking item with that particluar tag set.

Any suggestions to retrieve the correct result set?

Many thanks!

permanent link
Steve Willems (8811311) | answered May 11 '11, 10:20 a.m.
rtc enhancement created http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=165456

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.