It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to export custom RTC report with parameters

Berthold Kröger (7841923) | asked Jul 17 '13, 2:28 a.m.
Hi, we are still on RTC 3.0.1 and used several BIRT reports that worked fine until I added report parameters. Now the report will be created and shown, but it is not possible to export the reports to pdf or excel file. In one case I get javascript errors (TypeError: _59 not defined). In another case the export works but the file contains no records.
Does anybody encounter similar problems and knows a solution or workaround?
Best regards,
Berthold

Comments
Alanna Zito commented Jul 17 '13, 2:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Berthold,

Are you trying to export the reports in the web client, or from the Eclipse client?  Are you able to export any of the "out-of-the-box" BIRT reports that have parameters (such as "Open Work Items"), or is this only happening with your custom reports?

Berthold Kröger commented Jul 18 '13, 2:12 a.m.

Hi Alanna, first I tried to export from the web UI (IE8 and Firefox17). After your remarks I tried it from the Eclipse client and got the message, that a required parameter was missing (although there is a default value defined).
I changed the format of the parameters a little bit (from date to string). Now this error is gone. But the exported report is now empty.
Best regards,
Berthold

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.