It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sandbox problems

Eric Kolotyluk (121185) | asked Apr 19 '11, 9:14 p.m.
I'm having problems trying to share my Eclipse projects. I keep getting the message:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_D3PC-uTwVg/Ta4yN2h5jRI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/BzzUHdR1tJc/sandbox.png

but I have no idea what it actually means or how to fix it. I've tried looking through the on-line help and using Google, but nothing relevant comes up.

I've been trying for over a week to finally be able to share my Eclipse projects. I feel I am finally close to succeeding, but this uninformative message keeps appearing now. I would really appreciate some help :-)

Cheers, Eric

5 answers

permanent link
Jie Xing (11) | answered Apr 20 '11, 12:10 a.m.
For Java projects, after checking them into RTC 3.0 server via RTC client 3.0 command line (scm share/deliver), some files from those project couldn't be updated by headless Eclipse 3.2 with Jet engine. Here is the exception below I got. Any comment/suggestion/resolution is welcome.

The error message below from the headless Eclipse 3.2 and Jet engine:
org.eclipse.jet.taglib.JET2TagException: Resource /dbe_infra_S is not open.
at org.eclipse.jet.taglib.workspace.ActionsUtil.ensureFolderExists(ActionsUtil.java:244)
at org.eclipse.jet.taglib.workspace.ActionsUtil.writeTextFile(ActionsUtil.java:156)
at org.eclipse.jet.taglib.workspace.ActionsUtil.writeTextFileFromWriter(ActionsUtil.java:108)
at org.eclipse.jet.internal.taglib.workspace.WsFileFromWriterAction.performAction(WsFileFromWriterAction.java:98)
at org.eclipse.jet.taglib.workspace.WorkspaceContextExtender$3.run(WorkspaceContextExtender.java:238)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:843)
at org.eclipse.jet.taglib.workspace.WorkspaceContextExtender$2.run(WorkspaceContextExtender.java:227)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1737)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1719)
at org.eclipse.jet.taglib.workspace.WorkspaceContextExtender$ContextData.commit(WorkspaceContextExtender.java:215)
at org.eclipse.jet.transform.TransformContextExtender.commit(TransformContextExtender.java:215)
at org.eclipse.jet.JET2Platform$4.run(JET2Platform.java:437)
at org.eclipse.jet.internal.runtime.JETBundleManager.run(JETBundleManager.java:336)
at org.eclipse.jet.JET2Platform.runTransform(JET2Platform.java:398)
at org.eclipse.jet.internal.launch.JETProcess.run(JETProcess.java:158)
at org.eclipse.jet.internal.launch.JET2TransformationDelegate.launch(JET2TransformationDelegate.java:60)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:639)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:565)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.engine.invoker.TransformCommandInvoker.invoke(TransformCommandInvoker.java:59)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.engine.invoker.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:88)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.engine.invoker.TransformRepetitionCommandInvoker.invoke(TransformRepetitionCommandInvoker.java:72)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.engine.invoker.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:88)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.engine.ICComposerEngine.processCommand(ICComposerEngine.java:382)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.engine.ICComposerEngine.processCommandList(ICComposerEngine.java:355)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.engine.ICComposerEngine.startGeneration(ICComposerEngine.java:264)
at com.ibm.sal.ic.commands.ICWrapperGeneratorRunnableV2.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:600)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Apr 20 '11, 8:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
What this means is that there is RTC SCM metadata in both the folders mentioned (i.e. a .jazz5 folder). SCM does not support the nesting of sandboxes. Chances are, the lower folder (main) is not supposed to be a sandbox. You could remove the .jazz5 folder from it and see if that helps.

permanent link
Eric Kolotyluk (121185) | answered Apr 20 '11, 10:57 a.m.
There was no .jazz5 folder in (main), but there was a .jazz5 folder in (intersystem) so I deleted that one. I chose the name "main" to match the name of the stream I created. I hope that is the right convention or practice.

After that I restarted Eclipse and I was able to successfully check in all my Eclipse projects. You have no idea how incredibly happy I am at this moment after weeks of trying to get this to work.

When I tried to deliver my changes, Team Adviser intervened complaining my code had warnings because I had unused imports. I was easily able to fix the files listed by Team Adviser and check them in, then deliver the whole package. That is so totally cool!!! I'd love to buy a drink for the person who came up with that feature idea. :-)

Anyway, it would be useful if the error message could explain extra diagnostic information. In one of the products I work on, we actually put a help button (?) in some of our error dialogs, linking to our online help, so that the user is better able to resolve the problem.

A common problem with many software developers is that they only think to report the problem from their perspective, and not the user's perspective, and rarely if ever provide information on how to actually fix the problem. A good test team should catch these sorts of UI implementation errors, but then it can be hard for the test team to force the problem in order to review the error dialog.

permanent link
Jie Xing (11) | answered Apr 20 '11, 7:03 p.m.
What this means is that there is RTC SCM metadata in both the folders mentioned (i.e. a .jazz5 folder). SCM does not support the nesting of sandboxes. Chances are, the lower folder (main) is not supposed to be a sandbox. You could remove the .jazz5 folder from it and see if that helps.

Michael, thank you so much for quick response. It works now with your suggestions to lower the folder. One more question, looks like scm command line log the scm commands in .log file of .metadata folder. But the real "password" shown in there below. Is there anyway to disable the .log?

Thanks!

Below in .log file:
---------------------------------
!SESSION 2011-04-20 16:08:24.265 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows Server 2003 x86-32 jvmwi3260sr7-20091214_49398 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20091214_049398
JIT - r9_20091123_13891
GC - 20091111_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: load -r url -u email -P "XXXreal passwordXXX" ws1 com1-d project -f
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data @noDefault load -r url -u email -P "XXXreal passwordXXX" ws1 com1-d project -f

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2011-04-20 16:08:25.015
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: DaemonStartCmd_NICE_NAME in: com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.messages

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2011-04-20 16:08:25.046
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: CheckInCmd_ALREADY_LOCKED in: com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.messages

!MESSAGE NLS missing message: CheckInCmd_SANDBOX_ALREADY_LOCKED in: com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.messages

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Apr 21 '11, 5:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For more details on the issue of password being logged... https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=158182

In short, there was a defect raised against the Eclipse team...
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=341541

Michael, thank you so much for quick response. It works now with your suggestions to lower the folder. One more question, looks like scm command line log the scm commands in .log file of .metadata folder. But the real "password" shown in there below. Is there anyway to disable the .log?

Thanks!

Below in .log file:
---------------------------------
!SESSION 2011-04-20 16:08:24.265 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows Server 2003 x86-32 jvmwi3260sr7-20091214_49398 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20091214_049398
JIT - r9_20091123_13891
GC - 20091111_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: load -r url -u email -P "XXXreal passwordXXX" ws1 com1-d project -f
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data @noDefault load -r url -u email -P "XXXreal passwordXXX" ws1 com1-d project -f

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2011-04-20 16:08:25.015
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: DaemonStartCmd_NICE_NAME in: com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core.internal.messages

!MESSAGE NLS unused message: CheckInCmd_ALREADY_LOCKED in: com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.messages

!MESSAGE NLS missing message: CheckInCmd_SANDBOX_ALREADY_LOCKED in: com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client.internal.messages

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.