It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error when configuring Data Warehouse on Oracle

Daria Mayorova (10152) | asked Apr 01 '11, 10:06 a.m.
We have a problem with installation of CLM Workbench using Oracle.
When going through setup process, at stage 4 - Configure Data Warehouse - during the process of creating database we get an error, saying that the value of field RIDW.D_DATE.DAY_NAME "22" is greater than maximum size "20". I'm sorry - I don't remember the error code and the exact error message.
The same error occurs when trying to create database using repotools.

But we found a workaround to this problem. We change the script, located at: C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\sites\update-site\plugins\com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.oracle_3.0.0.v20110321_0029.jar\resources\ddl\createSTAR.ddl ,
to be specific we change string
DAY_NAME VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL
to
DAY_NAME VARCHAR(22) NOT NULL
than save the file, and restart repotools-jts.
After that configuring data warehouse runs without errors.

Can anyone reproduce this problem? I wonder if it is something wrong in our setup, or it is really a bug in the script.
The application server used is WebSphere Application Server 7. The database is Oracle 10. Oracle database was created with defaut settings, using UTF-8 encoding.
By the way, we are using Windows with Russian interface on our servers, maybe this is what causes the issue.

2 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered May 12 '11, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a problem with installation of CLM Workbench using Oracle.
When going through setup process, at stage 4 - Configure Data Warehouse - during the process of creating database we get an error, saying that the value of field RIDW.D_DATE.DAY_NAME "22" is greater than maximum size "20". I'm sorry - I don't remember the error code and the exact error message.
The same error occurs when trying to create database using repotools.

But we found a workaround to this problem. We change the script, located at: C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\sites\update-site\plugins\com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.oracle_3.0.0.v20110321_0029.jar\resources\ddl\createSTAR.ddl ,
to be specific we change string
DAY_NAME VARCHAR(20) NOT NULL
to
DAY_NAME VARCHAR(22) NOT NULL
than save the file, and restart repotools-jts.
After that configuring data warehouse runs without errors.

Can anyone reproduce this problem? I wonder if it is something wrong in our setup, or it is really a bug in the script.
The application server used is WebSphere Application Server 7. The database is Oracle 10. Oracle database was created with defaut settings, using UTF-8 encoding.
By the way, we are using Windows with Russian interface on our servers, maybe this is what causes the issue.

I'm very late to this, sorry...

We discovered this problem in the beta, and have fixed it in GA exactly as you describe: by increasing the length of the DAY_NAME field to accommodate the increased length of some Russian strings.

james
CLM Reporting Lead

permanent link
Daria Mayorova (10152) | answered May 12 '11, 11:09 a.m.
I'm very late to this, sorry...

We discovered this problem in the beta, and have fixed it in GA exactly as you describe: by increasing the length of the DAY_NAME field to accommodate the increased length of some Russian strings.

james
CLM Reporting Lead

Thank you very much for the information, James!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.