It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we move baseline of Configuration from DNG Stream to RTC SCM?

Krunal Gaoli (67869) | asked Sep 20 '17, 5:36 a.m.

Hi Team,

I wanted to move my baseline of configuration in DNG to RTC SCM Component, Is it possible using Java API or REST API, or plugin,

Please Suggest.

Best Regards,
Krunal.

Comments
Paul Ellis commented Sep 20 '17, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Krunal,

Your question is that you want to move requirements in DNG into a source code repository in order to manage them?  Do you want to apply configuration management to your requirements and then aggregate your baselines from each application (RTC, DNG, RQM etc) into a super baseline (global configuration).

The question as it stands is an unusual use case, hence my request for further clarity!

Kind regards,
Paul

Krunal Gaoli commented Sep 21 '17, 5:37 a.m.

Hi Paul,

Whatever you are interpreting it's correct I need to base line the requirement and just wanted to move it to any stream of RTC SCM.

I don't have licence for GC, at most I can enable configuration manager for my project Area. I tried it creating Change set and associate it with work item, but it's not the solution for me.

Can you please suggest me further.

Best Regards,
Krunal.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 21 '17, 5:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It is very unclear what you are trying to do.   A requirement is a database object, with a rich set of properties and links.   You cannot "move" requirements into RTC SCM, because RTC SCM manages files, and not database objects.   If you export your requirements into some file format, you can checkin the resulting file(s) into RTC SCM. 

Krunal Gaoli commented Sep 22 '17, 6:39 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey,

cannot we move the exported requirement from DNG to RTC Stream programmatically?
is it feasible?

Krunal.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 24 '17, 11:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Once you have the requirement from DNG exported into the file system, you can use the RTC scm command line to check those files into an RTC workspace, and then deliver to an RTC stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.