It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Review Test Case" option enabled for user who are not added as a "Reviewer" for test cases.

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Sep 28 '12, 1:17 a.m.

When I select to review the test cases for which I'm not a reviewer. what happens?                                              

For Example:

1.    Assign user A as reviewer for 3 test cases.                             
2.   Login as user A and try to select 5 test cases ( including the 3 testcases for which user A is the added as 
       reviewer) and then try to review/approve them.                                                       

It looks like If the user is not added as reviewer/approver for test case, he would still see that the "Review Test Case" option  enabled for him.                           

Is this a bug or incorrect behavior?                                                                     

Comments
Tory Jaskoviak commented Oct 01 '12, 2:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Rajesh,

I'm not sure I understand your question completely. It sounds like you created 5 test cases, and assigned user A as the reviewer to 3 of then. Then you went into the 'Browse Test Cases' view and selected all 5 test cases and tried to change the state to Approve. If this is the case, then that is the expected behavior unless there are operational behavior conditions preventing the test case from being changed to 'Approved' until all reviewers have reviewed.

The state is independent of the formal review, so without such pre-conditions it would be possible to change the test case state without approving the review. Also, only the reviewer should be able to change the state from pending to approved or rejected.

If I did not understand your question correctly, please clarify.

One answer

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Oct 02 '12, 12:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The expected behavior would be that those cases for which User A is properly a reviewer (and the case is "Ready for Review") would be updated in the Formal Review section to show that User A had reviewed.

There may also be an informational message at the top of the page saying "Some of the records have been update..." where some refers to those for which User A is a reviewer.  This message only seems to appear the first time the mass review is attempted on a given set of cases.

That second paragraph might warrant further investigation as an escalation through support.

And again, as Troy points out, the test cases's "State" is independent of the formal review.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.