It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error importing CSV file as requirements

Darren Harvey (361) | asked Mar 17 '11, 7:19 p.m.
I created a new requirement then exported as CSV

When I went to import CSV I got the following error recorded in the rm.log file:

CRRRS4210E - Required parameter is missing: importedDataset, server can not proceed with the import operation

M13 version

11 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 18 '11, 9:56 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does the CSV file you are importing include all four of the required columns, and the first row (the header row) of each column has the field name exactly spelled as shown in this example?

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_csv_format.html

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 18 '11, 2:06 p.m.
Sorry:

"... all THREE of the required columns ..."

permanent link
Darren Harvey (361) | answered Mar 21 '11, 4:39 a.m.
Sorry:

"... all THREE of the required columns ..."

Pretty sure it did...as I exported the file from a requirement in RRC...I will confirm to make sure (just trying to install RRC 2 atm to see if it happens for RRC 2 as well)...

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 21 '11, 10:08 a.m.
Keep in mind that RRC V2 provides CSV export but not import, and V2's type system is not as well developed as V3, so you would need to make changes to the file before being importing it in V3.

permanent link
Darren Harvey (361) | answered Mar 22 '11, 12:17 a.m.
Keep in mind that RRC V2 provides CSV export but not import, and V2's type system is not as well developed as V3, so you would need to make changes to the file before being importing it in V3.

I was able to reproduce the error in RRC 3 by exporting one of the Sample projects requirements and then importing the export.csv file

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Mar 22 '11, 3:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was able to reproduce the error in RRC 3 by exporting one of the Sample projects requirements and then importing the export.csv file

Have you reported this as a defect work item, with the steps to reproduce including the sample you used, with any server log files and screenshots if you have them?

Many thanks

permanent link
Darren Harvey (361) | answered Mar 22 '11, 7:00 p.m.

Have you reported this as a defect work item, with the steps to reproduce including the sample you used, with any server log files and screenshots if you have them?

Many thanks

Not yet...where do I do that pls?
So this functionality should be working in the beta version now?

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 25 '11, 8:50 a.m.

Yes it should be working, and it would help if you'd open a defect and provide supporting documentation. Please see the "Participate" section on the right side of the page here: http://jazz.net/projects/rational-requirements-composer/

permanent link
Darren Harvey (361) | answered Mar 28 '11, 2:40 a.m.

Yes it should be working, and it would help if you'd open a defect and provide supporting documentation. Please see the "Participate" section on the right side of the page here: http://jazz.net/projects/rational-requirements-composer/

I have raised Defect 40493

permanent link
Darren Harvey (361) | answered Mar 31 '11, 7:15 p.m.

I have raised Defect 40493

Is the fix in RRC v3 Beta 3 please?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.