It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Parallel Development with Requirements Composer

paulo lacerda (3311414) | asked May 16 '11, 12:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I need to work with the same requirements set in parallel, like team A is working with the production version while team B is working on an improvement and when team B finishes its work it has to merge the requirements. How can I do this using Requirements Composer?
Thank you
Paulo

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 16 '11, 9:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two options:

1. Use RRC snapshots and collections to define a set of artifacts at specific version levels for a particular sprint/iteration/release

2. Make a copy of the set of requirements for a particular sprint/iteration/release

By searching you can probably find some past discussion of these approaches in this forum (and maybe also in the Workbench for CLM forum).

permanent link
paulo lacerda (3311414) | answered May 16 '11, 5:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two options:

1. Use RRC snapshots and collections to define a set of artifacts at specific version levels for a particular sprint/iteration/release

2. Make a copy of the set of requirements for a particular sprint/iteration/release

By searching you can probably find some past discussion of these approaches in this forum (and maybe also in the Workbench for CLM forum).

Daniel,

Thanks for your answer, considering I'll be using the first approach. How would be the requirements content integration when the release is finished? Is there any diff/merge function that could help me doing this? Or would it should be done manually?

Thank you,
Paulo

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 16 '11, 8:58 p.m.
Thanks for your answer, considering I'll be using the first approach. How would be the requirements content integration when the release is finished? Is there any diff/merge function that could help me doing this? Or would it should be done manually?

At this point both diff and merge have to be done manually, or diff can be done by generating reports from collections in Word format and comparing the reports to see the differences in Word. Not ideal, not where we want to get to, but where we are for now.

The other thing worth noting is that CLM links in the V3 era do not contain artifact revision information, so if a developer needs to see a particular revision, he/she needs to follow the link to the RRC artifact, open the relevant collection (its reference can be found in the sidebar), and apply the right snapshot. Similar process for testers using RQM. It's these limitations that lead some people to option (2) above.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 16 '11, 9:01 p.m.
One other thing ...

The RRC V3 audit trail can help you when it comes time to wrap up the project and finalize your long-living requirements; the audit trail shows all changes that occur to an artifact (text attribute, folder, etc) and who made them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.