It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom attribute for second icon in dashboard workitem list?

Peter Kidwell (2399) | asked Mar 03 '11, 9:15 a.m.
Hi Jazz artists,

In our RTC 2.0.0.2 dashboard, we have a workitem query viewlet. Our workitems have a custom workflow and attributes. We'd like to use one of our custom attributes as the "second icon" in the list, but it seems that the list of available fields is static. Any way we can use a custom attribute as the secondary icon in our viewlet?

Thanks,
Pete K.

5 answers

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Mar 03 '11, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Pete,

You are correct that in 2.0.0.2 the list is static and there is no way to use a custom attribute. However, in 3.0 you are able to do this. Furthermore, in 3.0.1 you will be able to add any number of additional icons including all your custom enumerations that have icons associated.

permanent link
Tobias Johansson (1133) | answered May 26 '11, 7:24 a.m.
I'm also interested to have a custom attribute from a WI viewed in a viewlet of Work Items. It sounds great if it will be possible in furter releases. Does it exist any documentation of this yet?

permanent link
Yohko Tanaka (10523139) | answered Jul 11 '11, 5:40 a.m.
Hi,

I'm also interested in this.
Is this feature for enum attributes only?

Is it impossible to show column such as "creator", and any other attributes that are not enum attributes?

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Jul 11 '11, 12:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Currently it is only possible to show enumerations in the work items viewlet, though there is an enhancement request open to allow any column to be shown. See the following work item:

148712: Support to show additional columns

permanent link
Yohko Tanaka (10523139) | answered Jul 11 '11, 7:55 p.m.
I understood the situation.
Thank you for the information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.