It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot login to Jazz server "Badly configured client." errors in WAS 8 Batch environment . Standalone program work

mark owusu-ansah (5659) | asked Feb 15 '13, 3:03 p.m.
edited Feb 15 '13, 3:48 p.m.
I need  assistance in resolve  a seeming  simple login exception    when the   repository login  is  implemented in my batch  app   when deployed  i This  is the eaxct  same problem  described  here    except   I am using  WAS 8  . I have also worked through most of the  easier to implement   or clear   recommendations but  they  have not  work

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/75680/cant-connect-to-jazz-server-in-was-70

I need  some clear   recommendations on what to check for   or how to fix the errors. A bit  of emergency so I appreciated all help

The  login  is very generic but  unable to get a handle to  repository when I use it  extract the  processclientservice to  access  existing  project area.
Nullpointer exceptions  every  when  Itried to  use the  repository handle   later.
The same code works  in a standalone program but when   deployed  in the Batch app deployed on the  WAS 8 . I am unable to  get a handle to the  repository.  The only  relevant  error  showing up is the 
"com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Badly configured client.  Missing a foundation component tag."

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Badly configured client.  Missing a foundation component tag.
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.checkServerVersionMatches(TeamRepository.java:1688)
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1472)
com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:640)
d4.batch.OutputStream.RTCWriter.open(RTCWriter.java:204)
com.ibm.ws.gridcontainer.batch.impl.StepManagerImpl._openBatchDataStreams(StepManagrImpl.java:740)
com.ibm.ws.gridcontainer.batch.impl.StepManagerImpl.setupStep(StepManagerImpl.java:201)
com.ibm.ws.gridcontainer.security.actions.SetupStepBatchUserPrivilegedAction.executeAction(SetupStepBatchUserPrivilegedAction.java:45)

Change class loader to  parent last   and also Packaged the  4.0.0.1 Java client  lib  as utility jar   but they have  not helped  
 RepositoryPackage.eINSTANCE.eContents()  call  was not  useful either

On  the  WAS8 I have  included  RTC API lib   via the  ws.ext.dirs   jvm custom property   and  that helped resolved  a lot of class not found   errors  earlier on

I am  assuming  it has to do with when/what classes are picked   up  but  I  am not even sure how  best to debug . Class loader traces appear cumbersome and difficult to  get anything use

Is there  anything in WAS 8/Java Client api 4.0.0.1/4.0. that may causing  a problem here
Any  recommended  steps to debug ?
I have   also gone through suggestions  from various similar errors at the  following link but  so far not helpful

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/47074/teamrepositoryexception-badly-configured-client

Left  out the initialization and declarations
TeamPlatform.startup();
RepositoryPackage.eINSTANCE.eContents();
 repository =TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService().getTeamRepository(REPOSITORY_ADDRESS);
repository.registerLoginHandler(new ITeamRepository.ILoginHandler() {
            public ILoginInfo challenge(ITeamRepository repository) {
                return new ILoginInfo() {
                    public String getUserId() {
                        return "XXXXXXX";
                    }
                    public String getPassword() {
                        return "XXXXXX";                        
                    }
                };
            }
        });

processClient = (IProcessClientService) teamRepository
.getClientLibrary(IProcessClientService.class);

URI uri= URI.create(projectarea.replaceAll(" ", "%20"));

try {
        projectArea= (IProjectArea) processClient.findProcessArea(uri, null, monitor);
        workItemType = workItemClient.findWorkItemType(projectArea, "defect", monitor);
    } catch (TeamRepositoryException e) {
         e.printStackTrace();
    }
    System.out.println("  Found  projectArea new "   +  projectArea );

One answer

permanent link
mark owusu-ansah (5659) | answered Feb 26 '13, 10:43 p.m.
This  was  resolved after   repeating the sa,m e

1. I changed the classloader mode and policy. (Right Click on the EAR -> Java EE -> Open WebSphere Application Server Deployment, go to Application section and make Classloader mode: PARENT_LAST and WAR classloader policy: APPLICATION)

2. Created a shared  library to point the  client api  library

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.