It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot 'Finalize Application Setup' in 3.0 M9

Bob Johnson (111) | asked Jan 05 '11, 10:20 a.m.
After going through the setup process at https://localhost:9443/jts/setup in Google Chrome, the 'Finalize Application Setup' button is always disabled for the Requirements Management application. It works for the other applications. After reading this note in the release notes:

Using Windows with Internet Explorer, the JTS Setup Wizard step 'Requirement Management - Finalize Application' occasionally redirects to a bad URL and fails. To workaround this issue, we strongly recommend to run the JTS Setup Wizard using Firefox.

I tried to complete the setup again in Firefox. However, after logging in, the following screen is completely blank in Firefox. The setup does not appear to load at all. Is it possible to evaluate the Requirements Management application in this version?

2 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 10 '11, 3:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After going through the setup process at https://localhost:9443/jts/setup in Google Chrome, the 'Finalize Application Setup' button is always disabled for the Requirements Management application. It works for the other applications. After reading this note in the release notes:

Using Windows with Internet Explorer, the JTS Setup Wizard step 'Requirement Management - Finalize Application' occasionally redirects to a bad URL and fails. To workaround this issue, we strongly recommend to run the JTS Setup Wizard using Firefox.

I tried to complete the setup again in Firefox. However, after logging in, the following screen is completely blank in Firefox. The setup does not appear to load at all. Is it possible to evaluate the Requirements Management application in this version?

Hi Bob

Working with what is called RRC v2 beta 2a (which I think is M9). Testing on Windows XP with a dual-core processor and 3 Gig of RAM.

I have just hit the same problem using FireFox too. I do the CCM and QM setups, and then can't get past step 17 - the one which finalises the RM part. As soon as I find out how to fix - will let you know.

regards

anthony

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jan 10 '11, 4:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As soon as I find out how to fix - will let you know.

OK - so I got a little further.

You seem to have to wait a little for each stage to complete before the Next Button to appear. I was (in some cases) being too quick to try and push the next button. Keep an eye on the disk activity to indicate setup is actually busy.

I also tried restarting setup (going to the jts/setup page again) It started again from scratch but did not have to redo the steps it had already done. It is ok when it gets to the "Register applications" page that it says it does not have any other apps to register (or rather - it does not see any other unregistered app) - this means it picked up ccm/qm and rm last time.

Just got to the last page now - I am see errors on the Tomcat window which I will log (should have mentioned I am using Derby/Tomcat setup).

If you are really stuck - uninstall, and once completed, delete the directory which you are installing the JazzTeamServer completely. BE CAREFUL if you have the GA version of RTC installed - don't delete that directory, just the beta code one. Then - reinstall and run setup again.

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.