It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you migrate ReqPro/ClearQuest/RQM to RRC/RTC/RQM maintaining links effectively?

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Nov 01 '12, 10:00 p.m.
edited Nov 01 '12, 10:17 p.m.
Hello all,

I have a group using RQM/ReqPro/ClearQuest and are interested in migrating to full CLM. 

1. I know there are ways to export data from ReqPro and ClearQuest into RRC and RTC, but can these links to RQM be maintained?
    1. Any documentation on this if true?
  2. I have read the "Migrating ReqPro->RRC" part of the 4.x help, but I am wondering if the ClearQuest->RTC will keep the links to RQM?
  3. If the links from the RM to RQM and CCM to RQM are maintained after migration...what about the links to RM and CCM?

thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Frank Ning (50025119133) | answered Nov 01 '12, 10:08 p.m.

Did you look at the following topic in the CLM 4 information center?

"Migrating Rational RequisitePro projects with Rational Quality Manager integration to Rational Requirements Composer"

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Nov 02 '12, 8:52 a.m.

Hello Frank,

Yes, as mentioned in #2, I have read that section in help, but I am also wondering about CQ/RQM -> RTC/RQM and if the links from ReqPro/CQ are maintained when migrating to RRC/RTC.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 02 '12, 9:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. ReqPro does not maintain outward links to RQM.  I believe outward links to RQM in CQ will be maintained (requires confirmation from the CQ Team).  Of course, outward links to RQM in plain/rich text fields will be migrated.

1.1 See Migrating Rational ClearQuest records to work items and Migrating Rational RequisitePro projects to Rational Requirements Composer including references at the bottom of the topic.

2.  See #1.

3. RQM provides a reconciliation wizard to update the test plans and cases that reference the new RM resources.  I don't believe RQM resources referencing CQ resources are updated (requires confirmation from the CQ Team).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.