It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting source code

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Dec 02 '10, 4:58 p.m.
In RTC 3.0, can we restrict visibility to some source code stored in RTC. We have some code that must be isolated and only a few people can view the code, due to contamination issues. In RTC 3.0, is there a way to have granular restricted viewing access?

Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 16 '11, 8:58 p.m.
Source code viewing (reading) can be restricted by license type, repository access, and project visibility, but not by team level role. I'd suggest opening a work item if you require restricting by team level roles.

License type - remove their developer license and they will not be able to view source code at all
Repository access - some teams use separate physical repositories due to compliance. Also look into Distributed Version Control
Project visibility - you can have two projects on the same server, but place the source code under one of the projects with restricted visibility

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Jan 16 '11, 9:05 p.m.
Thanks. The options I don't believe will work easily for us. The people who cannot see the restricted code still will require developer access as they with with other source code. Putting it in a separate repository or project would require us to re-architect our source and build structures, which we would be unable to do in the short term.

I believe there is already a workitem open for this ... we were hoping it may be available in 3.0 but it looks like it is not.

Susan

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Jan 16 '11, 11:42 p.m.
Do you happen to have a link to the work item? I agree and think this should be added!

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 17 '11, 2:53 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A couple of relevant work items:
- 118445: Provide read/write permissions at the file level
- 63844: Read and write permissions at the folder level

Cheers,
Geoff

On 1/16/2011 11:53 PM, benjamin.chodroff wrote:
Do you happen to have a link to the work item? I agree and think this
should be added!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.