It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

(beta?) Using Formal Process Planning

Kyle Christianson (1261615) | asked Sep 17 '10, 3:57 p.m.
We are having a hard time figuring out how to use all the features of the formal process planning. Is there documentation out there somewhere?

We are able to set dates on the iterations, view the gantt chart, and set the constraint date of work items. However we can find no way to get dates in the "Planned Start Date" and "Planned End Date". Additionally, the plan views "Work Breakdown & Planned Schedule" and "Work Breakdown & Proposed Schedule" do not show any gantt chart information.

We are currently testing RTC 3.0M8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle Christianson
IBM STG Rational Solutions Team

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 20 '10, 2:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I had similar issues and am unfortunately not aware of better documentation.

There are some issues with the traditional planning. WRT to the planned start and end dates you could try to set them in the work item. I remember I was able to set them once.

the Gantt chart is only displayed if a certain attribute is in the list of displayed columns. I can't look it up right now. Please check for candidates in the plan mode that displays the chart.

Ralph

We are having a hard time figuring out how to use all the features of the formal process planning. Is there documentation out there somewhere?

We are able to set dates on the iterations, view the gantt chart, and set the constraint date of work items. However we can find no way to get dates in the "Planned Start Date" and "Planned End Date". Additionally, the plan views "Work Breakdown & Planned Schedule" and "Work Breakdown & Proposed Schedule" do not show any gantt chart information.

We are currently testing RTC 3.0M8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle Christianson
IBM STG Rational Solutions Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.