It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC import using csv file not able to copy values of selected field

Raghu N (26156) | asked Jan 21 '13, 10:58 a.m.
edited Jan 21 '13, 10:59 a.m.
 I am able to import some of the mandatory attribute values into RTC and some of mandatory values not able to import into RTC.
Example such as: IN appln we will add team areas as "x" board  by clicking add and then selecting values . I have mapped the attribute values in the xml mapping file then also it is not copying into the attribute.
I have created similar  team areas in the project  have i missed something please explain in detail steps.

Thanks in advance

Comments
Joshua Giangrande commented Jan 28 '13, 10:22 a.m. | edited Jan 28 '13, 10:27 a.m.

Perhaps you could share a portion of the map file you have created, to make the issue a bit clearer? Specifically, at least one example of a mapping that works (Even for the, as you say, mandatory attributes), and one that doesn't work?

Offhand, it sounds like you might be using the attribute literals (so for Priority: High, Medium, Low) rather than their internal ID. Doing so will populate the field with the desired text, but there should be a red "x" on the field because, while the text might be the same, internally RTC has no idea what value it is looking at because it does not have an ID matching existing literals.

One answer

permanent link
Raghu N (26156) | answered Feb 15 '13, 11:30 a.m.
 Hi Joshua,

I hope this helps you and  to other people who are facing same issues.

Id Type Request Type Action CR  Team
  CXXXXR Dummy Submit _2hs68HSLEeK0EOYnRpFEHA
_rNNH4HSLEeK0EOYnRpFEHA
While exporting attributes and values from RTC in export work items in the next column select attribute value show as internal value i.e DB id  So that it gets mapped properly  Attribute selection value show

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.