It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTM Migration:Error migrating manual scripts from RTM to RQM

Orapa Tinnapattarakul (1611) | asked Sep 15 '10, 10:43 p.m.
Hi :) ,

I am also need your help for RTM migrate to RQM. I got this error when migraing manual script. Have anyone found this error before? Plese suggest.

%%%%%%%%%%% Start the first error %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

ManualScript TC001_Login migration failed. Server return code: 400.
<xml><ns2><ns2>400</ns2><ns2>The uploaded content does not match the XML schema for testscript</ns2><ns2>javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:

Accept-Language:en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding:gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset:ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Connection:keep-alive
Keep-Alive:900
Content-Type:text/xml
2437. Error: ManualScript TC001_Login migration failed

%%%%%%%%%%% End the first error %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

%%%%%%%%%%% Start the second error %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

ManualScript 1st Time via Paper MB invalid (T) migration failed. Server return code: 400.
<xml><ns2><ns2>400</ns2><ns2>com.ibm.team.repository.common.validation.PropertyConstraintException: Validation errors for item: type = ManualExecutionScript, itemId =
Value of attribute "elements.summary" is 254 bytes, which is greater than the allowed encoded length of 250 bytes.

at com.ibm.teaAccept:text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
37. Error: ManualScript 1st Time via Paper MB invalid (T) migration failed

%%%%%%%%%%% End the second error %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

2 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Oct 18 '10, 5:43 a.m.

I am also need your help for RTM migrate to RQM. I got this error when migraing manual script. Have anyone found this error before? Plese suggest.

<xml><ns2><ns2>400</ns2><ns2>The uploaded content does not match the XML schema for testscript</ns2><ns2>javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:

ManualScript 1st Time via Paper MB invalid (T) migration failed. Server return code: 400.
<xml><ns2><ns2>400</ns2><ns2>com.ibm.team.repository.common.validation.PropertyConstraintException: Validation errors for item: type = ManualExecutionScript, itemId =
Value of attribute "elements.summary" is 254 bytes, which is greater than the allowed encoded length of 250 bytes.

at com.ibm.teaAccept:text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5

It's because you have manual test scripts that does not contain a description field or headline and this is being put into RQM whos validation requires the summary field to be filled out when saving.

You may find more info here:
http://jazz.net/library/article/501

permanent link
Orapa Tinnapattarakul (1611) | answered Oct 18 '10, 6:03 a.m.

- with linked exception:

It's because you have manual test scripts that does not contain a description field or headline and this is being put into RQM whos validation requires the summary field to be filled out when saving.

You may find more info here:
http://jazz.net/library/article/501

Hi DK,

Thanks you for your answer. As I and my team tried to investigate Tessscripts found error, we though the problem came from some charactors inside them cause xml systax corrupt such as '<', '>' and carriage return chatactors. So we decided to use the RQM-Excel Importer feature for importing those error manual scripts.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.