It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adoption Item and Affected Teams

Tony DeFarlo (1262314) | asked Aug 29 '10, 3:50 p.m.
The adoption work item type allows one to indicate which teams may be affected by the adoption item. However, the query builder does not expose the affected teams attribute to report on. Is there a way to get the query builder to allow me to show the affected teams on an adoption item?

One answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Mar 27 '13, 5:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Back on August of 2010 this may not have worked (at least on whatever version you were using at the time), but even as far back as 3.0.1.x (tested on 3.0.1.5) and perhaps earlier, Affected Teams is available as a query condition (and, since the conditions are sorted alphabetically, it's the very first condition on an English language system). 

I had no difficulty creating a new query called Adoption Items for Team A, adding the Affected Teams condition to the query, selecting Team A for the condition, running the query and seeing a list of Adoption items. It should be simple to make a query like this and install it on the Team's Dashboard. If you set the Affected Teams attribute to be filled in when the query is run, you can use the same query on many team dashboards as the fill-in value will be configured when the query is bound to the dashboard widget.

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Mar 27 '13, 5:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

[To anyone wondering why I answered a question that is over 2 years old, it came up recently and the user brought this existing question to my attention rather than post a new, essentially duplicate question. Many thanks to everyone who uses search first!]

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.