It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

svn link URL

Marco Delato (512114) | asked Dec 03 '10, 2:33 p.m.
Hi all,
I have two question about linkng RTC workitems and Subversion revisions:
- How to automatically update work item links to subversion revisions: I have to open the Jazz SVN Connect right click on svnConnection and choose the Update Link command
- How to access Subversion revisions from my browser: the link between a workitem and a revision is in the form of svn+http://<svn>#rev ... my browser isn't able to manage it

Thanks in advance,
Marco

4 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Dec 07 '10, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is an asynchronous task that runs on the server that will update the work item links. By default, it runs every 3600 seconds (60 minutes). You can change this on the Advanced Properties page of the server admin panels. The property is named "SVN to Work Item Link Update Task Fixed Delay (seconds)". The main issue with this is that RTC does not store the credentials for the SVN repo so the auto-update will only work if there is anonymous unauthenticated access to the SVN repo.

As for the links themselves, they only work within the RTC eclipse based client. There is no Web client support as this time

permanent link
Michael Dick (11) | answered Jul 13 '11, 11:32 a.m.

As for the links themselves, they only work within the RTC eclipse based client. There is no Web client support as this time

Can the URL be customized? Or would that need to be done via a post-commit hook?

Thanks
-mike

permanent link
David MICHEL (1472448) | answered Jun 10 '13, 2:38 a.m.
Hello,
   I have the same question than Michael Dick.
Do you have found a solution to customized the URL and the display of URL ? When a workitem depends on several SVN repository, we can't see the name of the repository on the link name. Is it possible to add it ?

Thank

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.