It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to filter work item types when using WorkItemUI.createWorkItem() ?

Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | asked Jul 13 '14, 5:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jazzers,

This is about RTC client-side extensions in Eclipse.
In the context of a process I am popping up a UI which allows the option of creating a new work item. This UI makes use of WorkItemUI.createWorkItem() as detailed in the Programmatic Work Item Creation wiki.
Since I want to prefill a custom attribute in the selected work item I would like to build in a filter routine to only display the work item types that support this custom attribute. I looked at the code but the NewWorkItemWizard being used there is already deep within internal API.
It seems rather non-trivial to extend this with a filter function.

Grateful for any general ideas on how to implement this filter short of writing my own wizard.

thanks,
Arne

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 13 '14, 7:23 a.m.
edited Jul 13 '14, 8:10 a.m.
not possible without modifying product code.. (or writing your own wizard)

I did this for my implementation of custom linktypes
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=160162

but looking over the code, I don't think I externalized the typelist.

maybe this enhancement request is closer
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=265971

Arne Bister selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Arne Bister commented Jul 13 '14, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I was afraid so but thanks very much for saving me the time on more research here.
Thanks for the enhancement request. My code will need to restrict work item type picker, so similar enough in concept but it looks I will write code from scratch.

Best,
Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.