It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cognos Data Manager Issue in RI

sasanuru kumar (3142319) | asked Aug 09 '10, 3:37 a.m.
Hi All,

I have issue with RI regarding while loading MSP file (XML format) in DB2 using Cognos Data Manager. Here file is inserting data in to 2 tables named as Task and Task_Detail, After loaded first file then data is inserted correctly in both table,ok. When I try to load second file then that data should be inserted if task ID is same or it should be updated for Task ID is same. But it was not happened but data is over written in Task_detail table. So I am unable to maintain history of data. This very critical issue to me, plase help out from this issue.

I appreciate your help in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Petroula Pantazopoulos (36612) | answered Jan 31 '11, 4:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,

I have issue with RI regarding while loading MSP file (XML format) in DB2 using Cognos Data Manager. Here file is inserting data in to 2 tables named as Task and Task_Detail, After loaded first file then data is inserted correctly in both table,ok. When I try to load second file then that data should be inserted if task ID is same or it should be updated for Task ID is same. But it was not happened but data is over written in Task_detail table. So I am unable to maintain history of data. This very critical issue to me, plase help out from this issue.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Each MS project file is a data source, hence it needs it's own resource group in the xdc file. If you define an MSP resource in the xml configuration tool, run the etl, then subsequently modify the existing resource group but make it point to a different msp file, you will not etl new data, rather you will overwrite existing data as it sees it as the same data source.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.