It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC integration with Insight

Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | asked Apr 08 '10, 10:06 a.m.
Hi All,

Does any one has any links or documents to configure the RTC for Insight as I did not see much information on infocenter about configuration.

Can any one help me to dig me into it.

Thanks,
Om.

16 answers

permanent link
Jeffrey Liu (111131) | answered Apr 08 '10, 2:42 p.m.
Hi Om,

Insight currently loads data from RTC directly from table to table. I think all you really need to do is start Data Manager, and modify the connection details for the "Rational Team Concert".

Thanks,
Jeff

permanent link
Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | answered Apr 09 '10, 12:08 a.m.
Hi Jeff,

Do I need to configure the connection information in OOTBDMCatalog.ctg using datamanager?

I have already done for RQM and used the catalog to configure. It working fine now for one RQM project so can I use the same catalog file to configure for my RTC ?

Is that work for me ?

Thanks,
Om.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Apr 13 '10, 1:05 p.m.
Any chance of more detail here ?

Hi Om,

Insight currently loads data from RTC directly from table to table. I think all you really need to do is start Data Manager, and modify the connection details for the "Rational Team Concert".

Thanks,
Jeff

permanent link
Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | answered Apr 14 '10, 6:20 a.m.
Actually my question is. I have already configured RTC for one project and did the build success and now I want to configure for another project of RTC so I have created new connections with name "Rational Team Concern1". so far it is good but how I can run the particular RTC build?

I can see only "RTC2.0Jabs". If I run this then it will run "RTC" and "RTC1" project right?

How I can run particular project? like invidual RTC once and RTC1 once.

Thanks,
Om.

permanent link
Omprakash Thammishety (1461178) | answered Apr 19 '10, 9:52 a.m.
Is any one know about my questions? I have RTC configured for one project and did for another RTC project by creating connections. How I can run the RTC and RTC1 project build individual ?

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | answered Jul 02 '10, 3:54 p.m.
While searching to find the same answers:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/09/processingmultiplertcresourcesinsight/index.html

Is any one know about my questions? I have RTC configured for one project and did for another RTC project by creating connections. How I can run the RTC and RTC1 project build individual ?

permanent link
Flavio Piccolo (111) | answered Sep 30 '10, 4:28 p.m.
Hi all,

I'm not able to configure the Insight with the RTC.
One question is .. The RTC's database must be in the same bank of Insight?
The RQM I configured, but the RTC is hard to understand.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14947) | answered Oct 05 '10, 10:56 a.m.

Om, as far as I've been able to find, you can't run them individually. You have to run Loop_RTC2.0 which will run through all your RTC connections. I agree that it would be helpful to be able to run them separately, but it doesn't seem to be possible.

permanent link
Paulo Lacerda (3174) | answered Oct 26 '10, 8:52 a.m.
Hi,

It doesn't have to be the same database of the Insight Data Warehouse. You can do the following steps if you want to load the RTC data into Insight database:

1. Open Data Manager client.

2. If you don't have an ETL catalog yet, select Create a new catalog, specify the name to be RationalInsightETL, specify the connection information for the ETL catalog database and click Finish. after create the catalog, click File > Restore Catalog, and select the OOTBDMCatalog.ctg file. The default location of this file is the /datamgr/insight_catalog/ directory.

3. If you already have an ETL Catalog for Rational Insight just open it.

4. Check that the Rational Team Concert connection is working. It's in Library > Connections, open it and click on Test Connection.Maybe you will have to change the data source type(DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc) and username/password information if you're not using the defaults.

5. Execute RTC2.0 Job Stream in (Builds and JobStreams > Jobs > RTCJobs > RTC2.0Jobs) to load RTC data into Rational Insight ODS tables.

6. Execute Build_Star Job Stream in (Builds and JobStreams > Jobs > StarJobs) to load the metrics in the insight Data Warehouse.

Done! If you successfully run the steps bellow then you can go to the Report Studio using the Reporting Data Model (DW) and start building your reports.

Note: You probably will want to publish this job so you can schedule its execution(once a day for example) using the Cognos Connection. See the following URL form more instructions:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.help.doc/topics/t_pubjobdatamovtask.html

Regards,
Paulo

Hi all,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Oct 27 '10, 5:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Paulo,

It should actually be even simpler than that. Once you've configured the data source and data warehouse connections, you can simply run the Loop_RTC2.0 job and this will run through all the necessary jobs for RTC, including the BuildStar, all in one shot. Theoretically, it should run and load all of the out of the box RTC data into the RIODS/RIDW.

If you've tried this, I'm curious to know if you had any issues with loading your F_REQUEST_CREATION_DT_METRICS table (from the F_REQUEST_CREATION_DATE_METRICS fact build). I can't seem to get this fact to load my data in the table(OOTB). It runs successfully, but all the rows are rejected. Did you have any similar issues?

-Marc

Hi,

It doesn't have to be the same database of the Insight Data Warehouse. You can do the following steps if you want to load the RTC data into Insight database:

1. Open Data Manager client.

2. If you don't have an ETL catalog yet, select Create a new catalog, specify the name to be RationalInsightETL, specify the connection information for the ETL catalog database and click Finish. after create the catalog, click File > Restore Catalog, and select the OOTBDMCatalog.ctg file. The default location of this file is the /datamgr/insight_catalog/ directory.

3. If you already have an ETL Catalog for Rational Insight just open it.

4. Check that the Rational Team Concert connection is working. It's in Library > Connections, open it and click on Test Connection.Maybe you will have to change the data source type(DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, etc) and username/password information if you're not using the defaults.

5. Execute RTC2.0 Job Stream in (Builds and JobStreams > Jobs > RTCJobs > RTC2.0Jobs) to load RTC data into Rational Insight ODS tables.

6. Execute Build_Star Job Stream in (Builds and JobStreams > Jobs > StarJobs) to load the metrics in the insight Data Warehouse.

Done! If you successfully run the steps bellow then you can go to the Report Studio using the Reporting Data Model (DW) and start building your reports.

Note: You probably will want to publish this job so you can schedule its execution(once a day for example) using the Cognos Connection. See the following URL form more instructions:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.raer.help.doc/topics/t_pubjobdatamovtask.html

Regards,
Paulo

Hi all,

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.