It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight License Problem II

FU YONG (4672) | asked Jul 12 '10, 5:29 a.m.
Hi,

After installed Rational Insight 1.0.0.2 with DB2 9.5 Fix Pack 3, there is a problem when accessing insight URL as below
http://localhost:9080/insight/servlet/dispatch

The error was given as:
=======================================
ERROR

CRREL1001E: You cannot log on to the Rational Insight report server.
The Rational Insight report server could not acquire a server license from the Rational License server.
Contact your server administrator.
=======================================

We are currently using the Rational Insight Install License and User License from a license provider:
https://licensing.subscribenet.com/control/ibmr/login

LM Tools reflect the status of the Insight License:
Users of insight_user: (Total of 10 licenses issued; Total of 0 licenses in use)
Users of insight_server: (Error: 10 licenses, unsupported by licensed server)

We also attempted importing this license using Rational License Sever 7.01, the same problem occurs.

May I know what could be the possible causes of the error? I understand it might be the problem of the license file itself from the provider.

By the way, the evaluation license should be working fine. However, it will expire in two days from now onwards.

Please update the evaluation license if possible?

Regards,

Fu Yong

One answer

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Jul 13 '10, 10:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Fu Yong,

Insight 1.0.0.2 requires that Rational License server 8.0 be used. This license server is available from the Jazz.net download page. There are known coexistence issues with Rational License Server 7.x and 8.0 so 8.0 needs to be installed on a machine that does not have 7.x installed.

Thanks for the reminder about the license file. I have posted a new trial license that expires Sept 30, 2010.

Lawrence

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.