It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with Lesson 2 in Tutorial for v1.0.1

Mikael Schonstrom (164) | asked Feb 23 '11, 4:47 a.m.
I am working through the Tutorial section of the Insight InfoCenter. I Lesson 2 I am supposed to create a scorecard. The last step is to deploy the Scorecard. First it updates
the datawarehouse RIDW, which seems to work fine. But then it wants to update the ETL catalogue and here an error occurs. It can not find/connect to the RIETL database. Which
is not so strange as there is no RIETL database installed. When searching for the RIETL in the help, there are no hits? How should this work, is there such a thing as a RIETL database, or where is the ETL catalogue stored? If there should be an RIETL database how is it created/Installed?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Kelvin Low (16321) | answered Feb 23 '11, 8:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To create the Insight ETL catalog database, you need to create an empty database named "RIETL" (or any name you specify) and follow the instructions provided by http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rentrpt/v1r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.raer.deploying.doc/topics/t_postreq_devmachine_db2isdw.html (see step 2) to populate the database with the required tables and data. Once created, this database will be your Insight ETL catalog and you use it to store your ETL job definitions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.