It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC - Reqpro integration

babu vijay prasad kamineni (7623016) | asked Jul 20 '10, 9:09 a.m.
I have integrated rrc project and Reqpro project.
1. I have created a requirement in reqpro and imported that requirement to RRC. I have done modifications in that requirements in req pro. The change is not getting reflected in RRC.

2. I have done modification to that requirement in RRC. And that requirement becomes read only in reqpro. But the modifications are getting reflected in Reqpro.

Is this the nature of the integration?

2 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 20 '10, 6:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have integrated rrc project and Reqpro project.
1. I have created a requirement in reqpro and imported that requirement to RRC. I have done modifications in that requirements in req pro. The change is not getting reflected in RRC.

2. I have done modification to that requirement in RRC. And that requirement becomes read only in reqpro. But the modifications are getting reflected in Reqpro.

Is this the nature of the integration?

In the RRC Project Adminstration page, when the connection to the RequisitePro project is made you must also choose whether changes are pulled/pushed between the two. If you want two-way updates then both must be checked.

If changes are not being reflected in RRC, then check that the Synchronization (see help) parameter value, in the RRCS fronting.properties file is NOT set to false.

com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.synchronizing=false

Also RequisitePro needs to use either Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server, as well as Project Security.

Now RRC supports Rich Text, but RequisitePro client does not - so if Rich Text changes are pushed from RRC to RequisitePro, the text becomes read only in RequisitePro as the rich text editor is only available in RRC.

Now you can make changes to requirements attributes in both RequisitePro and RRC.

I hope this helps.

permanent link
babu vijay prasad kamineni (7623016) | answered Aug 31 '10, 9:23 a.m.
I have tried the given steps.

It works only one side. i.e. attributes modified in RRC are getting reflected in Req Pro. but other way is not working. Please help me in this issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.