It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Script 'Description' field

Rene de Candia (611) | asked Jun 25 '10, 12:44 a.m.
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the 'Description' field in a Test Script. My problem is that when you create a Test Script you can enter information in the field but when you run that test script the Description field is missing. This seems quite silly as why would there be a field in the creation but not when you run the test script?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 answers

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jun 25 '10, 3:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The description is specific to the test script object the runnable script file is associated with. A test case refers to this script object and when its runs, it runs the associated script file. I guess I am trying to understand where you'd have preferred to see the description of the test script object show up ? In the execution results perhaps ? FYI, I is worth noting that the execution result does link to the script object and if you click on it, it will open test script object editor which has that description. I hope that helps.

permanent link
Rene de Candia (611) | answered Jun 27 '10, 6:38 p.m.
The description is specific to the test script object the runnable script file is associated with. A test case refers to this script object and when its runs, it runs the associated script file. I guess I am trying to understand where you'd have preferred to see the description of the test script object show up ? In the execution results perhaps ? FYI, I is worth noting that the execution result does link to the script object and if you click on it, it will open test script object editor which has that description. I hope that helps.

I guess what I'd like to see is the description I entered when I created the test script to be displayed when I run said test script otherwise I see no point in havign the description field at all.

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jun 28 '10, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In that case, I'd request you to open an enhancement work item for this with details on what you'd expect the UI to do/behave and let the RQM development team take the next course of action on it. The link to open a new work item is:

http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

Please make sure its an enhancement type and not a defect.

I hope that helps.

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Jun 28 '10, 12:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Errata: The link should have been:

http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational Quality Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.