It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM i installation instructions RTC 2.0.0.2

Pete Helgren (11) | asked Jun 04 '10, 9:52 p.m.
This should be easy but I am not making much progress. Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct installation instructions for RTC 2.0.0.2 for IBM i? I found one reference but it is using save file names and commands that don't jive with what I see in the zip file. I have two savf's: qsi38446 and qsi38448 and neither install with the instructions I have.

Thanks

6 answers

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k34348) | answered Jun 10 '10, 9:45 a.m.
This should be easy but I am not making much progress. Can anyone tell me where I can find the correct installation instructions for RTC 2.0.0.2 for IBM i? I found one reference but it is using save file names and commands that don't jive with what I see in the zip file. I have two savf's: qsi38446 and qsi38448 and neither install with the instructions I have.

Thanks

This sounds really strange - when you download RTC you should get a zip file with the name and version of the RTC you download like "RTC-standard-2.0.0.2". You normally use IBM installation manager to point to the disktags inside the unzipped folders and then do the installation.

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 15 '10, 6:06 a.m.
Hi phelgren,

The 2.0.0.2iFix1 version for i is a PTF. You first have to install version 2.0. It took me a while to find this out, as there is absolutely no documentation at all. Just follow the instructions for installing V2.0, then load and apply the PTF's provided by the V2.0.0.2 download. That does the trick.

A second problem. I try to load the PTF, but it says the save file with the PTF for the build system toolkit (QSI38446) doesn't have valid data (Error code C4BC during LODPTF). On a different machine a while ago I was able to load and apply the PTF for version 2.0.0.1 perfectly, so there must be something wrong with the save file?

Any IBMi'ers here?

Thanks,

Ulf

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 15 '10, 8:03 a.m.
My second problem is solved. The QSI38446 save file I downloaded was corrupt.

permanent link
Kushal Munir (126103) | answered Jul 16 '10, 11:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The installation instructions for updating to 2.0.0.2 iFix 1 are here: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert-power/releases/2.0.0.2iFix1?p=install.docs/InstallationGuide#dqx1i_s_ptf_install_overview

Thanks

This sounds really strange - when you download RTC you should get a zip file with the name and version of the RTC you download like "RTC-standard-2.0.0.2". You normally use IBM installation manager to point to the disktags inside the unzipped folders and then do the installation.

permanent link
tina tang (26) | answered Jul 16 '10, 3:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here is the link to the installation guide:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert-power/releases/2.0.0.2iFix1?p=install.docs/InstallationGuide#dqx1i_s_ptf_install_overview

Tina

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 22 '10, 9:03 a.m.
Kushal, Tina,

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't find those before...I sometimes get lost in the links between RTC and RTCp...so the documentation is there :D

Ulf

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.