It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgradation Error With 2.0 Beta1

vishnu kumar (66157) | asked May 21 '09, 6:50 a.m.
Hi,
We have a running setup of RTC 1.0.0.1 on an AIX machine.there are several projects and work items.We are using DB2 as database.We are using LDAP for authentication.
SMTP is also enable on that server.

I want to upgrade my RTC server to Beta 2.0.
I have unzipped the .zip file to some another location.Able to start and stop server. I can also successfully login using ADMIN/ADMIN.

I have used following 2 methods for migrating database repositoy.

1 ) In teamserver.properties file i have edited database connection information and provided instance name/password i had been using for previous version
In custom setup ,supplied those values and tested connection.I have got following error.

" java.util.Properties object passed to java.sql.Driver.connect() cannot be overridden by URL:jdbc:db2://localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=db2inst1;password=passw1rd;."

2 ) I have exported previous data using repotools and then tried to import it. as mentioned in Defect 74082

got following error while importing tar file

===========================================================
# ./repotools.sh -import fromFile=/usr/jazz/server/export_from_1.0.tar
./repotools.sh: test: argument expected
Repo Tools, Version 2.0 M2 - I20090316-0438
Provisioning using "./provision_profiles".
Rational Jazz Team Server - Standard
Loading configuration from "file:teamserver.properties".
CRJAZ1093I Service failed to activate.
Attempting Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: //localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
CRJAZ0503I Failed to connect to the database: " java.util.Properties object passed to java.sql.Driver.connect() cannot be overridden by URL: jdbc:db2://localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=db2inst1;password=passw1rd;."
Db Name/Location: "//localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1203I Could not determine the database location.
CRJAZ1306I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" is not available.
Creating the tables for the database "//localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" without indices.
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseCreationService".
CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.
The database tables were not created.
The data will not be imported.
============================================================

Any input will be highly helpful at this moment.

Thank you in advance
Vishnu Kumar

One answer

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered May 21 '09, 8:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Remove fullyMaterializedLobData=false from connection spec.

It should be set as
//localhost:60000/JAZZ:user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;

--- Balaji

Hi,
We have a running setup of RTC 1.0.0.1 on an AIX machine.there are several projects and work items.We are using DB2 as database.We are using LDAP for authentication.
SMTP is also enable on that server.

I want to upgrade my RTC server to Beta 2.0.
I have unzipped the .zip file to some another location.Able to start and stop server. I can also successfully login using ADMIN/ADMIN.

I have used following 2 methods for migrating database repositoy.

1 ) In teamserver.properties file i have edited database connection information and provided instance name/password i had been using for previous version
In custom setup ,supplied those values and tested connection.I have got following error.

" java.util.Properties object passed to java.sql.Driver.connect() cannot be overridden by URL:jdbc:db2://localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=db2inst1;password=passw1rd;."

2 ) I have exported previous data using repotools and then tried to import it. as mentioned in Defect 74082

got following error while importing tar file

===========================================================
# ./repotools.sh -import fromFile=/usr/jazz/server/export_from_1.0.tar
Repo Tools, Version 2.0 M2 - I20090316-0438
Provisioning using "./provision_profiles".
Rational Jazz Team Server - Standard
Loading configuration from "file:teamserver.properties".
Attempting Initial Database Connection Using
Db Name/Location: //localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
CRJAZ0503I Failed to connect to the database: " java.util.Properties object passed to java.sql.Driver.connect() cannot be overridden by URL: jdbc:db2://localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=db2inst1;password=passw1rd;."
Db Name/Location: "//localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;"
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1203I Could not determine the database location.
CRJAZ1306I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseStateService" is not available.
Creating the tables for the database "//localhost:60000/JAZZ:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" without indices.
CRJAZ1141I Failed to get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseCreationService".
CRJAZ1309I The database connectivity service is not ready.
The database tables were not created.
The data will not be imported.
============================================================

Any input will be highly helpful at this moment.

Thank you in advance
Vishnu Kumar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.