It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz on Tomcat running on Windows 2008

Daniel Hatfield (312) | asked May 19 '10, 9:53 a.m.
Can anyone point me or tell instructions for how to get RTC installed on 64 bit Windows 2008 server?

The installation worked OK however I'm having problems starting Tomcat on Windows 2008.... seldom admit due to my lack of knowledge of Windows 2008 server.

I even had problems modifying the server.properties file... however a rename then copy of a file from a "safe" (a term I have learned that is a commonly used in Windows 2008 as a theme) location seemed to work.

Now when running the service as administrator I can't see any outpu to see if the server is up and running. I can't access it through the browser on the expected URL.... but I can't even see an entry in the log file.

Any help would be great.... the install is scheduled to be complete in the next 2 days.

Regards,

Daniel

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered May 20 '10, 12:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Daniel,
be sure to download the correct versions from jazz.net.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.2iFix2?p=allDownloads

Also be aware of this TechNote regarding running the server as Windows
Service on 64bit -
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3488&&uid=swg21404257

Thanks.
Eric.

dhatfield a crit :
Can anyone point me or tell instructions for how to get RTC installed
on 64 bit Windows 2008 server?

The installation worked OK however I'm having problems starting Tomcat
on Windows 2008.... seldom admit due to my lack of knowledge of
Windows 2008 server.

I even had problems modifying the server.properties file... however a
rename then copy of a file from a "safe" (a term I have
learned that is a commonly used in Windows 2008 as a theme) location
seemed to work.

Now when running the service as administrator I can't see any outpu to
see if the server is up and running. I can't access it through the
browser on the expected URL.... but I can't even see an entry in the
log file.

Any help would be great.... the install is scheduled to be complete in
the next 2 days.

Regards,

Daniel

permanent link
navneet kumar (02) | answered Jun 06 '13, 11:44 a.m.
Not sure if this got resolved. There could be multiple reasons why Tomcat didn't work as expected on Windows Server 2008. The most common reason could be the port number being shared by other server (another instance of tomcat already running ? or IIS ?). Also you need to login as administrator and if UAC is enabled, you need to run applications  by doind right click and select "run as administrator". Also make sure that you downloaded the correct version. You can see the installation and configuration steps here -http://nkumar83.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/whitepaper-on-installation-and-configuration-of-ibm-rtc-3-on-windows/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.