It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import Source files with history from CVS to RTC

Manoj Panda (39346762) | asked Apr 30 '10, 1:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How do i import all of my Source code from CVS to RTC. I gone through the tech note http://jazz.net/library/techtip/70. But its seems only single branch i can able to do so. Is there any step by step process available. please share.

Thanks
/Manoj

2 answers

permanent link
Lakshmi Narayana (2739) | answered Jun 06 '13, 1:23 a.m.

hi manoj,

it is possible to import.

1. open CVS perceptive in Eclipse ( hope you are using RTC eclipse or p2 plugin installed in eclipse).

2. connect to CVS repository from CVS perceptive.

3. once it is connected, can see all of your CVS projects . with HEAD, Branch, Version etc...

4. under HEAD, select one of the project and right click.

5. select import into JAZZ.

6. select the option to import directly to your Repository Work space and Component. ( options are there to create the same.)

7. in next option, select default options and in history, select import all changes from "HEAD"

8. you can map CVS users to JAZZ users or select the option "automatically map cvs users to jazz users and create any missing users" (it will create CVS users in JAZZ, if you are using WAS, must be created in WAS and assign roles and License).

9. click on finish and after that go to component or repository work space,  -> show repository work space,  -> open the file -> show history. it shows only created date.

10. right click on component and load and do deliver once... again check the history of file, it show the all history tags.

happy CVS import to RTC.

note: pls. check your flow target before delivering data.

Regards

LN

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jun 06 '13, 10:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try this article:
https://jazz.net/library/article/650/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.