It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

MSBuild RTC tasks?

Mike Johnson (28624221) | asked Jan 25 '11, 6:54 p.m.
We are building a JBE-based CI build using msbuild as the "runner." I'd of course like to use the JBE Ant tasks to do cool JBE things like show progress, etc. I've seen in http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9178&highlight=msbuild your suggestions about calling the Ant tasks from a batch file. However, I was wondering if IBM has looked at directly implementing the same kind of JBE Ant tasks, but in MSBuild tasks? Would definitely make our msbuild script "cleaner"... :)

Thanks in advance,
Mike Johnson

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 26 '11, 5:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

I am not aware of tasks for MS Build. In 3.x there is new support to run MSBuild directly from a tab in the build definition. In another case where I wanted to provide more information that was not covered with this, I used an ant task to run the steps. I assume you gould also call ant from MSBuild.

Both solutions have trade-offs, of course. There is a lot of effort put into into getting towards equal capabilities with Eclipse. If you think this is an important point and should be considered too please file a work item.

Ralph

We are building a JBE-based CI build using msbuild as the "runner." I'd of course like to use the JBE Ant tasks to do cool JBE things like show progress, etc. I've seen in http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9178&highlight=msbuild your suggestions about calling the Ant tasks from a batch file. However, I was wondering if IBM has looked at directly implementing the same kind of JBE Ant tasks, but in MSBuild tasks? Would definitely make our msbuild script "cleaner"... :)

Thanks in advance,
Mike Johnson

permanent link
Mike Johnson (28624221) | answered Jan 26 '11, 9:09 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.